Redye Chanel Bag: Beige or Black

alyssap895

Apr 30, 2020
Hello! I'm an avid lurker of the forum and this is my first time posting :smile: I recently acquired a white lambskin Chanel Diana that has been previously redyed white and was going to have Mark from Leather Pros repair it. Since he has to redye it anyway I was thinking of having it done either beige and black. My heart says beige but I know it gets dirty easily compared to black. I plan to use it everyday. What do you think? (Pictures for beige and black are not mine and are solely used for comparison)il_794xN.2193715384_66ay.jpg IMG_0291.JPG

13613592_17975987_1000.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Bummmblebea
I have no clue what the dyeing process entails but I imagine that black is probably easier to hide the existing patchiness in color, etc. that's underneath, so black would be my vote.

(If they do it like a wall and prime it first, then add the new color, then I think I'd vote beige - that shade of beige in your pic with GHW looks gorgeous, and as someone who's currently on the hunt for a beige Chanel next, I'd love to be able to dictate what shade of beige my bag was - would be so great to be able to have a bag dyed the exact shade of beige I ask for!)

I have no clue what the dyeing process entails but I imagine that black is probably easier to hide the existing patchiness in color, etc. that's underneath, so black would be my vote.

(If they do it like a wall and prime it first, then add the new color, then I think I'd vote beige - that shade of beige in your pic with GHW looks gorgeous, and as someone who's currently on the hunt for a beige Chanel next, I'd love to be able to dictate what shade of beige my bag was - would be so great to be able to have a bag dyed the exact shade of beige I ask for!)

The beige picture captured my heart! That's why deciding is so difficult. Thank you for your input :smile: If you ever consider redying anything I heard Mark works wonders!

Hello! I'm an avid lurker of the forum and this is my first time posting :smile: I recently acquired a white lambskin Chanel Diana that has been previously redyed white and was going to have Mark from Leather Pros repair it. Since he has to redye it anyway I was thinking of having it done either beige and black. My heart says beige but I know it gets dirty easily compared to black. I plan to use it everyday. What do you think? (Pictures for beige and black are not mine and are solely used for comparison)View attachment 4722739 View attachment 4722740

13613592_17975987_1000.jpg
what about a combo of the both? maybe like the border beige and the body black or vice versa?

Reactions: alyssap895
The dye may change the texture of the leather and I’m afraid if you dye it beige, it wouldn’t look as supple as the one in your pic.
Hi! Thank you for your response :smile: the bag arrived the other day before I sent it off to Mark and the supple texture has diminished because it was previously dyed white (not done well because it’s too glossy and texture change). I figured since it’s already like that might as well change it to a color that I do like haha I appreciate the concern :biggrin:

Reactions: English1221