Reds

roey

O.G.
Mar 1, 2006
Can someone clarify the three different reds and the official colorway names?

My Barneys s./a referred to them as bright red, dark red and brownish red (burdandy or bordeaux). One of the names she used is Rosso.

Thanks M, great site!

I just don't know whether to go with red or burgandy in the PM size. Gotta give it some more thought. They both look like great colors but the burgandy looks to have some purple tones and I don't like purple. I need to get a better handle on this color in pics as they all look different.

I know what ya mean roey, I'm wanting the same exact bag but I decided on the burgundy PM. I think it's more of an earth tone than purple but it's so hard to tell on a computer monitor.

I know what ya mean roey, I'm wanting the same exact bag but I decided on the burgundy PM. I think it's more of an earth tone than purple but it's so hard to tell on a computer monitor.

Did you receive it yet and are you happy with the color? I know if I buy red I'm going to wonder about burgundy and vice-versa. I could have Barneys send both and choose but returning is a pain. I think the burgundy may be a better choice for a 51 year old woman versus candy apple red (how my s/a described it) which may not look very classic on me in 10 years.

I'm looking for a red similar to the Rebecca Minkoff Wine. My s/a said burgundy has plum tones.

Is this an accurate representation of the burgundy? (Not my auction):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dark-Red-Bu...14473?pt=US_Women_s_Belts&hash=item336fe07a69

The same color can really vary a lot from bag to bag! I would have your SA send you both or send you pics prior to. I ordered a Yellow St Louis and ended up returning it b/c the color was so off compared to what I had previously seen and expected. I personally love the Burgundy, but I am not a huge red bag person anyway.

Did you receive it yet and are you happy with the color? I know if I buy red I'm going to wonder about burgundy and vice-versa. I could have Barneys send both and choose but returning is a pain. I think the burgundy may be a better choice for a 51 year old woman versus candy apple red (how my s/a described it) which may not look very classic on me in 10 years.

I'm looking for a red similar to the Rebecca Minkoff Wine. My s/a said burgundy has plum tones.

Is this an accurate representation of the burgundy? (Not my auction):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dark-Red-Bu...14473?pt=US_Women_s_Belts&hash=item336fe07a69

I haven't placed my order yet..waiting for the end of the year just to make absolutely sure its right for me..but I'm leaning towards the burgundy vs black for sure. The Rebecca Minkoff colour is beautiful, very similar to the Cartier burgundy. Both are timeless and classic and that's very important to me. Hopefully the Goyard burgundy will be equally stunning.

The San Fran store - all sales final. From reading the above about returning, was this at Barney's or Bergdorf? I didn't know that you could return Goyard merch?

Roey, did you ever decide on a Goyard bag? I can't wait to see what you get!

The San Fran store - all sales final. From reading the above about returning, was this at Barney's or Bergdorf? I didn't know that you could return Goyard merch?

Roey, did you ever decide on a Goyard bag? I can't wait to see what you get!

I already bought a Navy GM and have been using it for a week. It's huge on me, but serves the purpose for my work. It's a fun tote to carry but here in my town no one knows what it is or thinks it's expensive (a good thing) so no compliments on it at all.

I would like a PM to use as a casual handbag but am waiting for my Barneys free stuff dollars to arrive in March so I can apply them to the sale.

I already bought a Navy GM and have been using it for a week. It's huge on me, but serves the purpose for my work. It's a fun tote to carry but here in my town no one knows what it is or thinks it's expensive (a good thing) so no compliments on it at all.

I would like a PM to use as a casual handbag but am waiting for my Barneys free stuff dollars to arrive in March so I can apply them to the sale.

Did you post pics? It doesn't sound like you're too happy with it? I hope that isn't the case. MY opinion is that they are understated and most don't know what Goyard is. I like that though. I get compliments when I'm in high end stores but not so much out and about. I bet the blue looks gorgeous on YOU! The gm is huge, I guess that's why I love it. Maybe you should have it personalized and make it more fun? I was going to steer away from more St. Louis, but now I'm on a mission to collect the rainbow of colours. I hope you enjoy your new bag. Post pics:smile:

I took some pics when I first got it but never posted a reveal thread. Since I was the one who started this thread, I will post them here.:smile:

As I mentioned in my last PM to you, I was on the fence because I am so used to leather bags. The more I carry my GM, the more I like it. I can't say it's love like the way I feel when I use my Weekenders but it's definitely growing on me. I need variety in my purse collection. Next is a LV Mono Neverfull GM, unless you can find a reason to talk me out of it.:biggrin:

My Navy St. Louis GM (full w/my gym stuff in mod pic):

goyardnavy004.jpg

goyardnavy005.jpg

goyardnavy001.jpg

Did you post pics? It doesn't sound like you're too happy with it? I hope that isn't the case. MY opinion is that they are understated and most don't know what Goyard is. I like that though. I get compliments when I'm in high end stores but not so much out and about. I bet the blue looks gorgeous on YOU! The gm is huge, I guess that's why I love it. Maybe you should have it personalized and make it more fun? I was going to steer away from more St. Louis, but now I'm on a mission to collect the rainbow of colours. I hope you enjoy your new bag. Post pics:smile:

I took some pics when I first got it but never posted a reveal thread. Since I was the one who started this thread, I will post them here.:smile:

As I mentioned in my last PM to you, I was on the fence because I am so used to leather bags. The more I carry my GM, the more I like it. I can't say it's love like the way I feel when I use my Weekenders but it's definitely growing on me. I need variety in my purse collection. Next is a LV Mono Neverfull GM, unless you can find a reason to talk me out of it.:biggrin:

My Navy St. Louis GM (full w/my gym stuff in mod pic):

goyardnavy004.jpg

goyardnavy005.jpg

goyardnavy001.jpg
You have such an AMAZING body girl! Talk about HOT! Roey, you look FAB! Thank you so much for posting the picture! Too bad we can't work out together! I'm a gym chica and can't live without my workouts! I am so happy for you! First off, I will talk you out of an LV and more Goyard bags. I agree it isn't the love you have for some brands, but you do grow to love Goyard. Depending on what style. I wasn't planning on ever getting more St. Louis bags. I figured one is enough. I fell into getting more because of how large they are and the amount they hold. The best part is how lightweight the bags are. I love that I can stuff it to the top and it's still quite light to carry, as opposed to the weekenders and all the hardware. Or the Speedy LV multicoloured bags and how heavy they are just empty. I love that Goyard isn't on everyone's arm. Depending where you live, a lot won't be familiar with the brand. They are clueless that it's a very pricey bag. You will be surprised when someone does stop you to admire the bag and or recognizes Goyard. Or the people that just want to know who the designer is, that they've never seen it before and they really like it. They can tell it's a well made bag from afar. These are all things I've been told, so the feedback is fun to hear. I found myself looking to get more colours and really studied the brand. I wanted to know as much as I could. I hope over time you realize what a great purchase you made. I also think blue suits you quite well! Enjoy the bag and wear it in great health. I did write you back, did you ever get the message?

Roey,

The light blue colour would be stunning on you. I have a lot of suggestions if you're interested in other styles. Do you like the size of the GM? I am so envious of this colour you got. It suits you perfectly.

Thanks for your kind words about my pics!:smile:

I am definitely more partial to dark blues versuus light although the light blue is pretty.

The GM is a good size for the gym or travel but not everyday. I would like to try a PM next.

Roey,

The light blue colour would be stunning on you. I have a lot of suggestions if you're interested in other styles. Do you like the size of the GM? I am so envious of this colour you got. It suits you perfectly.