Redness/Sensitive Skin

shpahlc

O.G.
Jul 6, 2009
HI Ladies,

I am looking to change up my skincare regimen (or rather, put more effort into it). I have read some good reviews of the Perricone MD Cold Plasma and how it helps reduce redness and overall skin tone. Other products I am looking at include:

- Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair
- Osmotics Blue Copper 5

I am open to any suggestions and would love to hear what your thoughts/experiences are.

I have been using Renee Rouleau skin care. I have very dry skin and issues with Rosacea. I am using the Skin Type 9 products and it has made a real difference for me. My rosacea is under control and my skin looks very healthy. You can order her products on her website. I do use the EL Night Repair in the evenings instead of one of her night serums.

https://www.reneerouleau.com/

Have you tried Avene? I have sensitive skin, plus rosacea and perioral dermatitis, and I have been using their cold cream line - moisturizer, face soap and lipbalm. It worked wonders!

Bumping this to see if anyone has any new recommendations. I'm looking for a basic moisturizer for my highly reactive skin. My complexion is clear but always looks a bit pink and irritated. I am going to try IPL/V-Beam next month to try to reduce some of the redness. In the meantime, though, I'm wondering if anyone has a moisturizer for sensitive skin that they love?

Bumping this to see if anyone has any new recommendations. I'm looking for a basic moisturizer for my highly reactive skin. My complexion is clear but always looks a bit pink and irritated. I am going to try IPL/V-Beam next month to try to reduce some of the redness. In the meantime, though, I'm wondering if anyone has a moisturizer for sensitive skin that they love?

I have super sensitive skin and am so far loving La Solution 10 de Chanel and Tammy Fender's Quintessential Serum. I've never been one for Chanel skincare because they're usually too fragranced and full of ingredients I can't handle, but the Solution 10 was especially formulated for sensitive skin, having only 10 ingredients. It calms my face and keeps redness/inflammation in check. The Tammy Fender is my HG serum. It hydrates like no one's business.

Sometimes I use both together and sometimes just one or the other. Depending on your skintype you might find the the Chanel too lightweight alone or the TF too thick for the day. I have combo skin so the two work well for my needs. The Chanel has a matte finish whereas the serum will make your face more dewy.

Reactions: HeidiDavis
I have super sensitive skin and am so far loving La Solution 10 de Chanel and Tammy Fender's Quintessential Serum. I've never been one for Chanel skincare because they're usually too fragranced and full of ingredients I can't handle, but the Solution 10 was especially formulated for sensitive skin, having only 10 ingredients. It calms my face and keeps redness/inflammation in check. The Tammy Fender is my HG serum. It hydrates like no one's business.

Sometimes I use both together and sometimes just one or the other. Depending on your skintype you might find the the Chanel too lightweight alone or the TF too thick for the day. I have combo skin so the two work well for my needs. The Chanel has a matte finish whereas the serum will make your face more dewy.

Thank you so much, AugustaBlue! I will look into both of those. My skin tends to be dry, except my forehead, which is normal. I've always been a little wary of Chanel skin products as well because of the fragrance, but I will check out La Solution 10.

I'm getting an IPL/V-beam treatment in early June to help with the redness in my face. The derm says the redness is caused by little blood vessels just below the skin's surface. Hopefully these two lasers will take away some of the veins, although they say it usually takes multiple treatments to really see a difference. In the meantime, I want to use products that are soothing and will minimize inflammation.

I had laser I'm not sure what it was but it was IPL. It didn't make any difference except it bruised me horribly and I wasted hundreds of dollars. I use Dr. Haushka rose day cream. It's very moisturizing and leaves your skin dewy and glowing and the rose is very calming on the redness. I have lupus that leaves a very red "mask" on my face. It totally calms my redness and leaves a nice glow of younger skin. You can get at Whole Foods or Ebay

I had laser I'm not sure what it was but it was IPL. It didn't make any difference except it bruised me horribly and I wasted hundreds of dollars. I use Dr. Haushka rose day cream. It's very moisturizing and leaves your skin dewy and glowing and the rose is very calming on the redness. I have lupus that leaves a very red "mask" on my face. It totally calms my redness and leaves a nice glow of younger skin. You can get at Whole Foods or Ebay

Kirstensabrina, I cannot thank you enough for your reply! I have been agonizing about whether or not to go through with the laser procedure. I have had it done twice before, once with great results and very little downtime and once with no improvement and horrible bruising (purpura, actually). And both treatments were done with the same laser at the same clinic! My skin has changed over the years and gotten very thin and reactive. I'm terrified of getting purpura again! I've talked to the clinician and she knows my concerns and thinks it will be fine. I was taking fish oil last time and she thinks that thinned my blood, leading to the excessive bruising. Still, I've considered canceling the treatment and saving the money. I still have a few weeks to decide. In the meantime, there is a Whole Foods three minutes from my house, so I'm going to check our the rose cream you recommended.

I was going through a period of really bad skin due to stress and my skin was very red, flaky, and itchy. I started using Josie Maran's argan oil since I got a free sample of it and it really helped. My skin is back to normal and even looks more glowy. Since then I've branched out to other products from her line and have been very happy with all of them. I mostly use the whipped argan face butter now since it is not as greasy as the argan oil but seems to have the same calming effect. Sephora offers a mini sample of the argan oil as a 100 pt perk sometimes or you can get the mini size bottle for $16, i think it's worth trying, it really helped my skin out.

I've learned to avoid laser treatments as well as anything with perfume or acids(even though I still break out occasionally). I have the best luck with products that use botanicals and are fairly light feeling on the skin. I found a gentle exfoliation from Kate Somerville that works well. Still searching for the perfect cleanser, though. Amore Pacific has gentle moisturizers but they are expensive and the packaging is excessive and not recyclable.

I've learned to avoid laser treatments as well as anything with perfume or acids(even though I still break out occasionally). I have the best luck with products that use botanicals and are fairly light feeling on the skin. I found a gentle exfoliation from Kate Somerville that works well. Still searching for the perfect cleanser, though. Amore Pacific has gentle moisturizers but they are expensive and the packaging is excessive and not recyclable.

If you don't mind my asking, why do you avoid laser treatments? Did you have a bad experience? I'm still hemming and hawing about whether to go through with my IPL/Vbeam treatment. I cancelled my first scheduled procedure because I was going to be out of town and couldn't prep my face with hydroquinone for two weeks the way they instructed. It is rescheduled for later in June. I may chicken out though. I'm terrified of having purpura and excessive bruising.:sad: