Red wallet $599

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Hi Bev- I only checked out this wallet a few months ago. The one I saw felt very soft. It was really nice and I love big wallets! You can fit everything in it! What is retail for this wallet? Last time I checked it was $525.00 but prices may have gone up since.

2. wow, i :heart: it Beverly-girl, i saw one IRL @ the nyc store & it was gorgeous (i can't remember how much $$$ it cost though :shrugs:)

3. The Compagnon wallet is really nice, I have a black one, the leather is
    soft and it is HUGE, great for travel...$525 is the new raised price, they
    used to be $505...I wonder if this is '05 red, or a brand new one.....

4. I prefer the compagnion style to this one, I've never even seen this one!

5. yeppers, i've gotta admit, i've got the compagnon & prefer it too :yes:

6. The campagnon is the one that zips shut- not the one with the snap- right? The one I saw was the zip one and I personally like it better too- just because it's easier to see all you credit cards.

7. yep, it zips shut, which is much safer for me & it's so light-weight & easy to use...i wasn't sure about the big size at first, but now i can't imagine living without it :tender:

8. so this is the "money" then?

9. yeppers :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

10. This is the new style (just out for Pre-Fall 06) called the "Money". It actually retails for $475, so she's marked up the price a bit.

The original "Compagnon" did go up to $525 this season, but this new one is actually cheaper, probably because it's a little smaller. I can see why all of you say you prefer the Compagnon, because of the zipper and the credit card layout, but I bought both to compare and returned the Compagnon. Although it's a very nice design (and would make a great clutch), I couldn't get it to fit comfortably in any of my bags - just too big and bulky.

The Money, on the other hand, fits much better - it's still a much bigger wallet than I'm used to, but it's really grown on me. I love it now.

11. awe, i don't think the compagnon's clunky, it's super-slim :yes:

12. You know - you're right that it is slim........ I just found it too long and wide to fit in any of my bags. I went one by one and it basically took up the entire space and stuck out of the top of all of them - I was afraid it would end up falling out. I guess I carry more stuff besides my wallet, so that makes a difference.

13. that's true style101, it's definitely super-long, but it fits fine in all my bags so far (although i haven't tried it in my firsts yet) :yes:

14. I'm glad it's working so well for you - it's such a lovely wallet. I was really sad it didn't quite make it for me. You probably just carry way less other junk in your bag. :smile:

I've heard people say it fits fine in a first, just without a lot of excess room to spare.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice