Red vs. Beige Jumbo

be7485

O.G.
Feb 20, 2011
Hello TPFers,

I need your advice. I have a very small collection of chanel bags and would like to add a chanel other than the black ones that I have. I am debating between the beige with GHW or dark red with SHW. I love the beige but am also thinking red would be a nice pop of color. Any thoughts? Preferences? Not sure how much I would wear the red as it is more of a statement piece. Wondering if beige clair is high maintenance? :graucho::biggrin::smile:

Here's my current chanel collection:
black caviar jumbo SHW
black calfskin reissue GHW
black caviar GST GHW

Other designers:
Black prada gauffre top handle GHW
Black balenciaga part time SHW
LV empreinte luminese pm infini
LV vernis alma pm amarante
LV trevi pm
LV artsy mono mm
LV mahina L sable
LV mini lin speedy drk brown

Beige and red are totally different. I think the 3 staple color for the flaps are black, beige and red. If you really like the dark red, get that first as it is a seasonal colour. You can always get the beige later.

They are both higher maintenance you will have to be careful about color transfer on both, Red has a habit of going dark and beige can show a lot of dirt, if you get them in Lamb your going to have even more maintenance then caviar. I hope this helps and good luck choosing

i'm having the same thoughts as you... i just bought a beige ghw and seeing all these red is making me think about getting one... but i may not be able to pull off a red bag :-P

if you really love red, go for it! as they say, the Beige will always be there!

I love the sturdy caviar on the beige, but LOVE the red color! If you love this shade of red, I'd say get the red now since the beige is a classic color. Wish Chanel made red one of their classics.

snowjade said:
I love the sturdy caviar on the beige, but LOVE the red color! If you love this shade of red, I'd say get the red now since the beige is a classic color. Wish Chanel made red one of their classics.

I agree..it's harder to find your 'perfect red', if you think this is yours, then go for it! The beige can wait 😜

Beige and red are totally different. I think the 3 staple color for the flaps are black, beige and red. If you really like the dark red, get that first as it is a seasonal colour. You can always get the beige later.

Totally agree with blythediva. I'd personally take black, red, beige and blue as staple colours too.
Also second the suggestion to take red first.:smile:

I love the beige, but agree with the other posters. If the red is the shade that you really like, you should get it now before it is no longer available and get beige later.

Get the color you feel more comfortable in wearing! I have to concur with snowjade's comments, I wish they make red a permanent color and therefore "grace" them with the rigid caviar.
In terms of maintenance, neither would be high maintenance in caviar. I wear my beige clair all the time with jeans, dark color clothings, etc. I only need to do a routine wipe down with your leather conditioner of choice (many threads on this topic) before storing it away. GL deciding!! :smile:

I'd absolutely go for the red because it's hands down a beautiful color and it stands out more. Beige Clair is beautiful too but it'll be around for you to get at another time...

I have both the m/l beige Clair w/gh and a red WOC w/sh and I feel I get more looks with my red WOC (yeah! considering its smaller than the m/l, the red just really stands out).