RED Valentino

kells102

Sep 20, 2012
What are your thoughts? I don't currently own any Valentinos, but I'm thinking of buying one from the RED collection. Anyone have one? Thoughts? Likes/dislikes?? TIA

I can't afford a Valentino but I do have a RED Valentino. It's the denim bow satchel and I LOVE it. It's super slouchy so I do have to be careful as to not put my phone or keys in the outside pocket cuz they will fall out, but the denim is ridiculously soft. I haven't used it much yet but I'm hoping the leather handles soften. I'd upload a photo of my own but photobucket won't work on my work computer.

http://www.lyst.com/bags/red-valentino-bow-denim-leather-satchel-1/

I can't afford a Valentino but I do have a RED Valentino. It's the denim bow satchel and I LOVE it. It's super slouchy so I do have to be careful as to not put my phone or keys in the outside pocket cuz they will fall out, but the denim is ridiculously soft. I haven't used it much yet but I'm hoping the leather handles soften. I'd upload a photo of my own but photobucket won't work on my work computer.

http://www.lyst.com/bags/red-valentino-bow-denim-leather-satchel-1/

Thanks for some insight!!! That bag is incredibly cute!!!!! I never saw it in my online browsing!! How does the quality seem and where was it made?

Thanks for some insight!!! That bag is incredibly cute!!!!! I never saw it in my online browsing!! How does the quality seem and where was it made?

Thanks!! The quality is outstanding, I don't even have jeans this soft lol. Nordstrom's site said it is made in Italy. I personally prefer to carry it over my elbow so I've removed the longer strap. Again, the only downfall is how slouchy it is, it really does make the exterior and one interior pocket useless, but it's so cute and huggable it's a small price to pay. I wanted this one but it's sold out everywhere:
http://www.lyst.com/bags/red-valentino-denim-bow-tote/

Found the one I have on eBay, quite a steal compared to the $445 I paid for it so if you like it enough you might want to snatch it up, I can't find these anywhere anymore: http://www.ebay.com/itm/RED-Valenti...063?pt=US_CSA_WH_Handbags&hash=item41702b6007

To add, durability wise I don't know how it will hold up. I've only had mine about 5 months and have only used it a handful of times and I'm insanely gentle on my bags. But being it denim, I'd imagine it'll last quite a while. :smile:

To add, durability wise I don't know how it will hold up. I've only had mine about 5 months and have only used it a handful of times and I'm insanely gentle on my bags. But being it denim, I'd imagine it'll last quite a while. :smile:

Omg those are both adorable!!!! I'm definitely going to keep this in the back of my mind when I decide to get a new bag! Thanks for the info!!!! :smile:

I've just purchased my first Red Valentino bag:

http://www.my-wardrobe.com/red-valentino/floral-strap-quilted-shoulder-bag-320943

It's absolutely beautiful but quite expensive for what it is. There's very little leather used and the flowers attached to the chain look like they could fall off at any moment. I've noticed with other Red Valentino bags as well as clothes that the quality isn't what you'd expect for the price you've paid.

I've just purchased my first Red Valentino bag:

http://www.my-wardrobe.com/red-valentino/floral-strap-quilted-shoulder-bag-320943

It's absolutely beautiful but quite expensive for what it is. There's very little leather used and the flowers attached to the chain look like they could fall off at any moment. I've noticed with other Red Valentino bags as well as clothes that the quality isn't what you'd expect for the price you've paid.

Thanks for the info! That was pretty much what my concern was. I didn't want to pay that much money for something that has ok quality. I'd rather save up for something that's double the price but way better quality! Thanks for the heads up/honesty! Btw your bag is very pretty..very ladylike :smile:

I'm normally on the LV forum but came here to see what you all were saying about the RED line. I got my RedV bag almost a year ago. I don't know the name of the bag (I know, bad :smile: But it is a lambskin tote that has ruffles all down the body of the bag. I have gotten many, many compliments on this bag. It is adorable. BUT....I wouldn't buy another one. The lambskin is nice, but the overall craftmanship is sub-par. There is gooey glue on the underside of all of the ruffles (which, of course, are also sewn on), and the lining of the bag is a lavender cotton that just looks....low-grade. I feel like, for $600+, the lining should be pretty nice, and there shouldn't be the yucky glue residue that I am seeing. :sad: I baby all of my bags, don't even let my kids in them. I had my eye on the Valentine Rockstud bags, and I know this is the lower-priced line, but due to my experience, I wouldn't buy another Valentino. Anyway, thanks for letting me pop in! :smile:

I'm normally on the LV forum but came here to see what you all were saying about the RED line. I got my RedV bag almost a year ago. I don't know the name of the bag (I know, bad :smile: But it is a lambskin tote that has ruffles all down the body of the bag. I have gotten many, many compliments on this bag. It is adorable. BUT....I wouldn't buy another one. The lambskin is nice, but the overall craftmanship is sub-par. There is gooey glue on the underside of all of the ruffles (which, of course, are also sewn on), and the lining of the bag is a lavender cotton that just looks....low-grade. I feel like, for $600+, the lining should be pretty nice, and there shouldn't be the yucky glue residue that I am seeing. :sad: I baby all of my bags, don't even let my kids in them. I had my eye on the Valentine Rockstud bags, and I know this is the lower-priced line, but due to my experience, I wouldn't buy another Valentino. Anyway, thanks for letting me pop in! :smile:

Thank you so much for your feedback...this was exactly what I was looking for! While I don't think the RED bags are crazy expensive they are a good deal of money and if the quality is only sub-par I'd rather save a bit more money and go with something else! I ended up buying a LV instead! Just seems to be that every time I try to branch out to different designers I go right back to LV or Prada! Oh well! Lol thanks again!!!

Thank you so much for your feedback...this was exactly what I was looking for! While I don't think the RED bags are crazy expensive they are a good deal of money and if the quality is only sub-par I'd rather save a bit more money and go with something else! I ended up buying a LV instead! Just seems to be that every time I try to branch out to different designers I go right back to LV or Prada! Oh well! Lol thanks again!!!
You bet! :smile:

I don't have their bags but do have a Red Valentino Motorcycle jacket that's gorgeous, soft supple leather and very well made. I do have a Rockstud bag and might try the Red bags as well.