Red Twiggy Used (2003) Sells For $2000 on eBay

I had the bag on my watch list and I was keeping a close eye on it throughout. I was surprised that there were no bids as of this morning. I always wait until the last minute to bid, but someone somewhere usually ends up logging a bid along the way before that. My biggest eBay peeve are people who get into a premature bidding war for no good reason but to jack up the price unnecessarily. I was beginning to wonder if the auction was going to end without any bids. So when I got home tonight and saw the $1999.99 figure, my jaw dropped. I understand the leather was different back in 2003, but $2000 for a used Balenciaga is a lot. Plus, red is a standard color that Balenciaga has done since (Fall 2005) and is supposed to do again (Fall 2006 if the rumors are correct).

I think the max that I've seen before has been around $1600 too.

Irissy said:
I think it was the way she advertised this bag.

I definitely agree with this. A good advertisement/listing goes a LONG way. I have no idea how she was able to get so many pictures in her listing. There are 47 pictures of the bag alone, and on top of that she has a lot of pictures with stars and their b-bags. The max number of pictures I can put in my auctions is 12. She must have a special program that she designs her eBay listings in.

angstofgumby said:
I definitely agree with this. A good advertisement/listing goes a LONG way. I have no idea how she was able to get so many pictures in her listing. There are 47 pictures of the bag alone, and on top of that she has a lot of pictures with stars and their b-bags. The max number of pictures I can put in my auctions is 12. She must have a special program that she designs her eBay listings in.

Ya, I was impressed too... :smile:

trufflesbang said:
wow. was that a BIN or auction?

It was a 7 day auction and it ended today. The first bid was placed a little over one hour before the auction ended. There were 9 bids placed in total. The seller started the bids at $999, with a reserve price on the auction. I wonder what the reserve was.