Red Twiggy Used (2003) Sells For $2000 on eBay

1. Wow. I love B-bags, but that is way too much to pay :suspiciou

2. :lol: damn!

3. :amazed: maybe someone really loved the old leather??? geez that's a lot for a twiggy

4. I saw that too. I was going to faint! That's a lot of money for a red twiggy. I guess someone *really* wanted it. I've seen certain city bags go for $1600 tops.

5. I had the bag on my watch list and I was keeping a close eye on it throughout. I was surprised that there were no bids as of this morning. I always wait until the last minute to bid, but someone somewhere usually ends up logging a bid along the way before that. My biggest eBay peeve are people who get into a premature bidding war for no good reason but to jack up the price unnecessarily. I was beginning to wonder if the auction was going to end without any bids. So when I got home tonight and saw the $1999.99 figure, my jaw dropped. I understand the leather was different back in 2003, but $2000 for a used Balenciaga is a lot. Plus, red is a standard color that Balenciaga has done since (Fall 2005) and is supposed to do again (Fall 2006 if the rumors are correct).

I think the max that I've seen before has been around $1600 too.

6. And to think it's 3 years old! I wouldn't offer anything more than $800 for a used B-bag.

7. wow! lucky person who won that and sold that! its amazing how high the prices can go for when the colour is so hard to find!

8. Someone made a killing on this bag.

Does anyone know what the twiggy retailed at in 2003? I imagine the price of the twiggy has gone up since then.

9. Wow... beautiful rouge twiggy but for this price? That's just crazy! I think it was the way she advertised this bag.

10. It's a nice color and all that person must really love that red. I can get a Chanel with the $2000.

11. I definitely agree with this. A good advertisement/listing goes a LONG way. I have no idea how she was able to get so many pictures in her listing. There are 47 pictures of the bag alone, and on top of that she has a lot of pictures with stars and their b-bags. The max number of pictures I can put in my auctions is 12. She must have a special program that she designs her eBay listings in.

12. Ya, I was impressed too... :smile:

13. wow. was that a BIN or auction?

14. It was a 7 day auction and it ended today. The first bid was placed a little over one hour before the auction ended. There were 9 bids placed in total. The seller started the bids at $999, with a reserve price on the auction. I wonder what the reserve was.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice