Red sealant on leather trim spliting after 1 week

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi

I purchased a new BH last week and have used it since Monday. I noticed today that the red sealant that edges the leather is starting to separate slightly by one of the buckle straps (the pointed end part):wtf: It is only very slight, but I know it's like it and I am worried that it will get worse and start to split more in the weeks to come.

Am I being silly, or should I take it back to the store?

Yve

2. I would take it back, just to make sure

3. I would exchange it, that will only get worse, great bag by the way.

4. you are not being silly, take it back and get a perfect one.

5. WHAT! that should not be happening! Take it back and get another one!

6. Exchange it especially since you purchase a defective one.

7. Thanks everyone.

I will take it back in my lunch break tomorrow:yes:

Yve

8. You can either take it back or have it reglued/reglazed.

9. Is it just me or have there been a lot of quality-related complaints about BH lately? Eek, sorry about your BH btw - take it back!

10. Take it back! For the money you spent it should be perfect!

11. Take it back...

12. I had the same thought.

13. I bought mine just after the price drop in Feb and have been using is pretty much every day and it's still looking new... sounds like you just got a bad apple.

14. I'm pretty sure they will give you a new one if you go back and ask. :smile:

15. I would take it back! Mine didn't start t do that until about a 1 1/2 years after i got mine!!