Red Onion!....

I saw it last year but to me there was definitely more purple than red in the red onion. Of course it wasn't matte like eggplant and it was too much of a show stopper for me as I like my bags boring :P

I think naughtipidgins' pics are usually quite accurate and that red onion will look different in different lighting. Go for it!:smile:

Ps eggplant is purple with no red.

Thanks, hon - you've all been really informative and it's really helped!!!:P

But it does seem, from what you are saying, that it appears a tad redder in artificial light (hence the undesirables on ebay!) - and the point is I really prefer the purpley hue - but also from what you're saying - that is its truer colour in natural light ( is that right??:thinking:).....

Pretty much - think Cadbury's wrappers and royal velvet, and you're getting close.

I'm beginning to come to the conclusion that it's as hard to describe as it is to photograph though:cool:

I saw the RO bays in the Winter sales and it was just as I was starting to learn about Mulberry. I love purple so I was very drawn to this one and she is more purple, not reddish purple. She was beautiful! :smile:

Pretty much - think Cadbury's wrappers and royal velvet, and you're getting close.

I'm beginning to come to the conclusion that it's as hard to describe as it is to photograph though:cool:

Perhaps it should be renamed Cadbury Purple then!!!!!:roflmfao:

- but thanks, Plemont, for all your help in this - most appreciated!:biggrin:

She is definitely a deep purple, no reddish hints at all.
Just photographs really differently in artificial light.

thelittlestar - observations greatly appreciated - yes, it does seem there is a general consensus that it is a difficult colour to capture accurately in photos - and the fact it changes in different situations almost adds to it's appeal - but, as I've said before, I just wanted to double check and make sure that it was definitely a purple shade - and my questions have been thoroughly answered!!!

Roxaholic said:
Yeah - totally agree - and am glad that RO is more purple than red - I am still tempted.....:P

Are you going for it, Rox? I just had a look at the one on Naughipidgins and she is breathtaking! Is the hardware gunmetal? (I wouldn't have even noticed that when I looked at it seven months ago, and started learning about Mulberry - check me out!) :biggrin:

Are you going for it, Rox? I just had a look at the one on Naughipidgins and she is breathtaking! Is the hardware gunmetal? (I wouldn't have even noticed that when I looked at it seven months ago, and started learning about Mulberry - check me out!) :biggrin:

Oh Cupcake - what should I doooo!! - I keep coming back to NP's stunning example - she really does seem the best - but I am getting rather stressed out about all this (all over a blinkin bag!) - as I REALLY want RO Bays now - but they ARE a little cheaper on the bay (and I am a cheapskate!) - BUT - and this is really what will swing it for me - IS the colour consistent between all RO BAYS? If not I think I'm going to plump for NP. If it is, then I may go the ebay route......but as to the grain, I know that really can vary considerably - and it's back to NP again as it looks so pebbly and textured and I LOVE that...:biggrin::love:..

Oh Cupcake - what should I doooo!! - I keep coming back to NP's stunning example - she really does seem the best - but I am getting rather stressed out about all this (all over a blinkin bag!) - as I REALLY want RO Bays now - but they ARE a little cheaper on the bay (and I am a cheapskate!) - BUT - and this is really what will swing it for me - IS the colour consistent between all RO BAYS? If not I think I'm going to plump for NP. If it is, then I may go the ebay route......but as to the grain, I know that really can vary considerably - and it's back to NP again as it looks so pebbly and textured and I LOVE that...:biggrin::love:..

I was just like you when I was looking at the Butter Alexa although there were none on ebay only NP......I kept talking to her about it and I really wanted it but felt it was a lot of money but then i thought if it sold I would be really upset to lose it so i bought it!! I am so pleased I did because it is beautiful. With NP she is very honest with her descriptions and you know you will recieve a fabulous bag! I think you should go for it and live on beans on toast for the rest of the month :giggles:

I was just like you when I was looking at the Butter Alexa although there were none on ebay only NP......I kept talking to her about it and I really wanted it but felt it was a lot of money but then i thought if it sold I would be really upset to lose it so i bought it!! I am so pleased I did because it is beautiful. With NP she is very honest with her descriptions and you know you will recieve a fabulous bag! I think you should go for it and live on beans on toast for the rest of the month :giggles:

Daisy! - of course, your butter Alexa - she is so lush too, and you are absolutely right - I have exactly the same dilemma now - whether to risk losing NP's one whilst in the midst of bidding/securing favourable BIN price on ebay - or quit the dithering and just go for NP - and I'm rather partial to beans on toast!!!!.....:P;)

Just collapsed into :roflmfao:actually - hubby and I are about to have lunch and he's just asked if we have an onion....I said I knew where I could find a red one!!!!!:biggrin:

Daisy! - of course, your butter Alexa - she is so lush too, and you are absolutely right - I have exactly the same dilemma now - whether to risk losing NP's one whilst in the midst of bidding/securing favourable BIN price on ebay - or quit the dithering and just go for NP - and I'm rather partial to beans on toast!!!!.....:P;)

Just collapsed into :roflmfao:actually - hubby and I are about to have lunch and he's just asked if we have an onion....I said I knew where I could find a red one!!!!!:biggrin:

:lol: I would take that as a sign!! It's hard to know what to do but i hope you find your RO bays soon....I look forward to a reveal when you do :biggrin: