Red Mulberry

blondnic

Mar 6, 2013
Okay so I am after a red Mulberry. There are two that I am contemplating. Either the Red Valentine Alexa or Red Primrose. I don't tend to wear a handbag at the weekend as my husband wears his Anthony for our family bits so its purely for work. I am a Finance Manager if that helps! Which would you have??

LEXI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm biased, I have Val' 'Lexi & she is the one bag I would not part with .. also .. matter of personal taste, but, I have had a look at a Primrose & could not (this is just me, am sure others think differently) cope with the way the lock opens .. I just didn't like having a chunk of metal stuck out & would be too worried about it getting damaged .. also, if I recall rightly, Primrose is considerably less roomy than Lexi, so for a work bag I'd think not as useful ?

Maybe a double zip Bays tote might be worth a look too ?

xx's Holls

Between Valentine's Alexa and Primrose I would choose Alexa because it has more room, and it in goatskin which is quite hard wearing. I think Primrose is in smooth leather - it would mark easily. The lock might be too fiddly for everyday use and it's quite structured.

Bays Double zip would be great for work, I agree. Have you also considered Del Rey? It's also in shiny goatskin. :thinking:

I own a tricolor primrose. I envisioned it as an everyday bag, but quickly rethought.
If the red primrose is what I remember, it's very easily marked leather. My tricolor, at least, has a sturdier leather on sides & front/back/bottom.
Still, I save it for special & carry a bays as everyday.

And...yes...holls has a point about the lock design. It would get some daily abuse.

I decided alexa was too casual-looking for my needs. But, it's VERY popular.
Hope that helps.

The valentine Alexa for me! I never had much interest in the style until they released the valentine - versatile style, gorgeous colour and the heart rivets are so cute :smile:

I would have Lexy all the way, I adore her but feel she is a little lighthearted and not that professional looking.

I am also a finance/office manager but only for a small company so feel I can wear whatever bag I want. I do take a Bays if we have meetings or I need to transport papers/iPad/laptop etc as I feel it looks more professional.

I don't own a Primrose, she's more structured than a Lexy and as such I think looks far more professional/ business like. I would therefore go for the Primrose if you are after a smaller bag but doubt think you can go wrong with a Bays if you want something larger.