Red mirror soles (rubber)

mzbaglady1

Feb 23, 2017
I haven't seen any articles or conversations that Christian Louboutin has slowly changed some footwear with rubber soles. I came across a YouTube cobbler that gave a name to this rubber sole. I noticed this change maybe two years ago and a Saks Sa told me the customers kept complaining about the soles being destroyed. So far this change looks like it's on some flat shoes and sandals. I can tell the difference in some store stock photos but the description is not accurate by disclosing the sole is this new mirror rubber. I know you will have the customer that wants that hand painted sole and then there's the other customer that prefers the rubber sole. Let's open up a dialog and hear some interesting opinions. Which sole do you prefer rubber or hand painted? I'm posting some in person photos and stock photos.
Screenshot_20240614_065232_YouTube.jpg Screenshot_20240614_065433_YouTube.jpg Screenshot_20240614_072658_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20240614_072859_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20240614_073040_Gallery.jpg 20240614_061051.jpg 20240614_061310.jpg

Hmm, I have bought 2 pairs of CL within the past 5 years and I believe both of them are hand painted.

I see that the screenshots also say "Christian Louboutin Shoe Repair". Well is that CL doing the repair or the Youtuber?

As far as I know, CL no longer resole shoes (as I vaguely recall a long time ago, I heard they used to and when they did, they would replace it with a rubberized sole).
My store has a local cobbler recommendation for resoling and repairs who they trust.

Hmm, I have bought 2 pairs of CL within the past 5 years and I believe both of them are hand painted.

I see that the screenshots also say "Christian Louboutin Shoe Repair". Well is that CL doing the repair or the Youtuber?

As far as I know, CL no longer resole shoes (as I vaguely recall a long time ago, I heard they used to and when they did, they would replace it with a rubberized sole).
My store has a local cobbler recommendation for resoling and repairs who they trust.
The photos she posted are from Tring Shoe Repair using Casali sole protectors in red.

• Thanks
Reactions: lill_canele and 880
So CL is not selling the shoes with the rubber soles then?
Can’t comment about that. I just meant the first couple of photos that were screenshots from Tring’s YouTube channel. I watch his videos often so the posts jumped out to me. 😂

Took a quick look at the CL site and used the search term rubber sole and no heels popped up so my guess is no.

I *just* bought a pair of boots at CL, and didn't see anything in the boutique with rubber soles. However, CL does resole with rubber soles. They don't look like these pictured; they have the CL signature engraved in the rubber. The CL SA told me this just last week, and it's same as it was last year: when your soles start to wear, take them in/send them in, and they will put on the rubber soles. Maybe this is just in Europe?

Personally I like the CL rubber soles, but most of my CLs are boots.

I just bought a pair of ballet flats that have the rubber sole. I ordered them in-store at NM after trying on a different size. The salesperson disclosed it right away but you could definitely tell it's different. The style is Mamadrague embellished suede ballet flats. Out of curiosity, I just did a quick google search and the only retailer I saw disclosing the rubber sole in the description was MyTheresa.

I just bought a pair of ballet flats that have the rubber sole. I ordered them in-store at NM after trying on a different size. The salesperson disclosed it right away but you could definitely tell it's different. The style is Mamadrague embellished suede ballet flats. Out of curiosity, I just did a quick google search and the only retailer I saw disclosing the rubber sole in the description was MyTheresa.
I wonder if the rubber sole will impact how the shoe molds to the foot?

I *just* bought a pair of boots at CL, and didn't see anything in the boutique with rubber soles. However, CL does resole with rubber soles. They don't look like these pictured; they have the CL signature engraved in the rubber. The CL SA told me this just last week, and it's same as it was last year: when your soles start to wear, take them in/send them in, and they will put on the rubber soles. Maybe this is just in Europe?

Personally I like the CL rubber soles, but most of my CLs are boots.

Potentially just Europe. My local store in the US said they don't do this anymore. :sad:

I would also like rubber soles if resoling was available, sigh.