Red Lipstick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually. There is one.
I've put it on Japanese women, Sudanese women, German women, Irish women....
It looks amazing an all skin tones.

It's Dubbonet by MAC.;)

Well you have made me want to try it really bad! I will pronounce the name when in the presence of loved ones for the duration of the Blessed Shopping Season, and we will see if my hints are ignored, or I get 7 of them. :biggrin:

ive never heard of Chanel in Lover..what kind of red is it? I just went to a chanel counter today and didnt see it =( which line si it?

If you look online at Chanel.com, it's on there under the Rogue Allure, Luminous Satin Lip Color. I haven't tried it on, but I'm going to check it out the next time I'm at a Chanel counter.

I've always stuck to glosses/lipsticks that are pretty sheer and more naturally pink (so no bold colors), but now I really do want a red lipstick. Should I start looking at MAC, or should I also try to ease my transition into it by looking at something that's a little more less red? I currently use Laura Mercier's Audrey lipstick (and I feel that is red), but in reality I know that it's not technically "red."

Should one only wear red lipstick with black clothes?

I found an ad by Tom Ford for sunglasses here. Now I think my search is over. Does anyone know who makes this color and the name of it. They have it on his website. TOM FORD It is the ad with the black cat eye sunglasses (which I have to have also) with the red lips and nails. Any help would be appreciated. Do you think its Estee Lauder because he was/is doing makeup for them. Thanks.

I've always stuck to glosses/lipsticks that are pretty sheer and more naturally pink (so no bold colors), but now I really do want a red lipstick. Should I start looking at MAC, or should I also try to ease my transition into it by looking at something that's a little more less red? I currently use Laura Mercier's Audrey lipstick (and I feel that is red), but in reality I know that it's not technically "red."

Should one only wear red lipstick with black clothes?

I would get some cheap ones and play around, see how you like the look, and try on different colors while you are at it, to see which colors look good on you with red lipstick!

clinique's angel red. it's bloomingdale's best selling red lipstick. check out the reviews on makeupalley.com. especially if you're fair, this is a wonderful true red - no orange or blue undertones, not too dark, not too matte. just right :heart::heart::heart:

I don't think there is one that is universally flattering. Finding the best red lipstick for you is, in my opinion, right up there with finding the best jeans.

And I have to disagree with kuriso, blue-red is great for brunettes with blue undertones, and many with golden undertones, but some people look much better in a warm, russet-toned red, for example, most fair skinned redheads will do better experimenting with those, but because there are so many variables, many very subtle, from skin tone to that rainbow of undertones, to eye and hair color and even bone structure (which will affect how light hits the lips) that trial and error, and a lot of it, is the only sure way to find YOUR red - and it may not be a "true" red at all!

The absolute best one I have found recently is a high-pigment gloss called Extreme Lustre or something, about $3 at Sally's, the shade called "Scarlet" is a beautiful blue-red, spectacular on brunettes with the blue and gold undertones, especially this one. ;)

ITA~

Status
Not open for further replies.