Red Guccissima Emily... should I worry?

PrincessSaf

Jul 15, 2014
Hi everyone! I'm looking to purchase my first Gucci bag in November, it will be my birthday present!

Currently I only own LV bags which I don't use in winter because I don't like getting water spots on the Vachetta.

First decisions were canvas or leather? I settled for Guccissima leather.

Next decision was between the Sukey and Emily (the large square boxier version)... I felt the Sukey was a nice but very common style and the Emily was very similar to the Black Chanel Classic Flap that I will be buying next year hopefully.... so I settled for the Red Guccissima Emily Shoulder bag (slouchy version)

So my question is... What is the Wear and tear like on this type of leather and colour? Will it fade or crack? Do any owners of this bag have any worries to share with me?

I appreciate any help x

Attachments

• 1408037793750.jpg
    1408037793750.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 463
I don't own an emily but I own a black guccissima leather bag that I purchased last November for my birthday. It's a workhorse bag, the quality of the leather is fantastic. I used it as one of my winter bags this year and it has no signs of wear yet. I was so impressed that I bought a matching guccissima leather wallet. Oh and I also have guccissima leather flats that are at least three years old and they are in great condition after lots of wear. You picked a gorgeous bag and a gorgeous colour!

I have one Guccissima leather bag that is almost 5 years old and it has been used and abused. The bottom corners have started to show wear (the color has faded a bit) but honestly, it's really not that bad for the amount that I've used it.

Agreed that this a beautiful bag and you can't go wrong with it.

Awww that is fantastic! I was beginning to think that I wasn't gonna get a response. I'm glad this is a hardwearing leather as it will be my winter/rainy day bag. I love the style and red is one of my favourite colours after black!

I have a Gucci bag with Guccissima leather bag which I have had for just under one year, and so far have had no issues with it.

I live in Scotland where it can be raining one minute and then sunny the next, not to mention icy cold winters and snow, and the bag has dealt with it all without a single bit of damage.

I'm in West Yorkshire.. nowhere near London... Today it's cold wet and very windy.... Nothing to be envious about at all! Having said that we have had a nice summer and no snow at all last year either... Was bitterly cold though.

Ah, no luck then!
We managed go get around 3-4 weeks of summer lol, now it is back to being cold, wet and rainy! :sad:. The only good thing about the colder weather is that I can wear some of my winter fashion favourites (scarves, jackets, boots etc).