red fendi mini selleria peekaboo vs. red mini reissue

coffeeluv

Jul 6, 2020
Hi! I posted this in the chanel thread, but wanted to also get the opinions of fendi lovers. I have been looking for the "perfect" red small bag. I am currently looking at the red fendi mini peekaboo in selleria and the red reissue mini with aged gold hardware. I love both but will only get one. Anyone have thoughts/recs on which would be better? I am looking for a bag that can be dressed down or up, easy to wear crossbody or handlheld/shoulder and durable. I really liked the lambskin fendi mini peekaboo in red, but decided against it due to the delicacy of the leather. I wasn't sure if the red selleria looked a little "dull". otherwise its a beautiful bag. I unfortunately can't look at the red mini reissue in person but have heard good things. any pros/cons or general thoughts would be much appreciated. I am also looking for something that I can wear for years. thanks in advance!

I have both bags and the Fendi definitely fits more. Having said that the Reissue is beautiful and will hold it's value better than the peekaboo. The peekaboo can be worn as an everyday bag, whereas the reissue can be worn everyday, but it is definitely dressier and may not fit what you need on a daily basis. I do not feel that the leather on the reissue is delicate at all. I have the reissue in the 225 size and use it regularly and have not had any issues. If you have your heart set on a red bag, just know that Chanel does not offer the red reissue mini on regular basis, whereas Fendi usually always has a red peekaboo. I hope my thoughts help you make a decision.

Reactions: MahaM
Thank you so much for your reply-very helpful to hear your thoughts on both. I like the top handle on the fendi but I think the main thing holding me back from getting the fendi is that I’m not completely in love with the red shade in selleria. I like the red lambskin but there are no feet which worries me in terms of corner wear and also just overall fragility. The red calfskin version is just bright/orange for my taste. I do like the red in the reissue.