Red Envelopes

Hi everyone!

I’m fairly new to H, but becoming obsessed quickly lol.
I visited my local boutique a few days ago and purchased a Bearn wallet for my mom and a rodeo charm for myself.
I saw that they had a couple boxes of the Chinese New Year envelopes behind their counter and a stack of loose envelopes. I asked if it would be possible to have just one single envelope since I’ve been collecting them from all my favorite fashion houses this year. I didn’t want to seem greedy asking for a whole box.
My SA told me I didn’t spend enough to receive any.
I know I didn’t spend as much as a bag would of been but it was still a 3k purchase all together.
And I did purchase a Picotin from her a month ago as well as a scarf and some other small things.

I still love H of course, but sometimes I feel discouraged with situations like these. I mean it’s only a red piece of paper after all :-s

sorry you had to deal with that pigswill. hope you find a nicer SA.
funny i find that in non asian countries they give them away easily but ironically in asian countries where we do give thousands of dollars in red packets, the (some) H stores here are kind of stingy.

Hi everyone!

I visited my local boutique a few days ago and purchased a Bearn wallet for my mom and a rodeo charm for myself.
I saw that they had a couple boxes of the Chinese New Year envelopes behind their counter and a stack of loose envelopes. I asked if it would be possible to have just one single envelope since I’ve been collecting them from all my favorite fashion houses this year. I didn’t want to seem greedy asking for a whole box.
I know I didn’t spend as much as a bag would of been but it was still a 3k purchase all together.
And I did purchase a Picotin from her a month ago as well as a scarf and some other small things.

I still love H of course, but sometimes I feel discouraged with situations like these. I mean it’s only a red piece of paper after all :-s
Wow, I'm disappointed to hear. I am happy to send you a single envelope and ribbon provided your address is in the States. Please PM me if you're still interested.

Hi everyone!

I find that very sad, as others have said they should not have been on display. Please try to forget about it and have a happy healthy and prosperous year ahead.

Hi everyone!

I would call the Store director, relay what the SA said to you, express your dismay and request a new SA. See what kind of response you get. Hopefully, an apology combined with a box of red cards, a new SA that has been better educated in customer service and a special SO invitation in March. That would be my hope for you and certainly the way that I would run my business if I was ever made aware that an employee was so incredibly disrespectful to a customer.

sorry you had to deal with that pigswill. hope you find a nicer SA.
funny i find that in non asian countries they give them away easily but ironically in asian countries where we do give thousands of dollars in red packets, the (some) H stores here are kind of stingy.

Thank you.
And that is odd, you would think that they would give them out easily. I mean, it’s just red paper and we spend thousands of dollars even if we’re not top spenders.

I would call the Store director, relay what the SA said to you, express your dismay and request a new SA. See what kind of response you get. Hopefully, an apology combined with a box of red cards, a new SA that has been better educated in customer service and a special SO invitation in March. That would be my hope for you and certainly the way that I would run my business if I was ever made aware that an employee was so incredibly disrespectful to a customer.

I will definitely get a new SA, but I’m just going to let this one go. I don’t like conflict, and I won’t let this stand in the way of my new love of H.
I will enjoy my items just the same :smile:

Hi everyone!

I’m speechless. Big mistake on your SA’s part acting like that. Even if it’s true that the red envelopes are reserved for VIPs, once the store left them in plain view, they should have anticipated a polite request such as the one you made. The only proper response to your small request once those envelopes were in plain sight, and after your large purchase, was “yes.”

Last edited:
Eh, I won’t take it personally. :smile:
It’s not personal but your current SA does not appear to be on your side, so I agree with others that you should switch SAs. It makes me think that this SA is probably not good at petitioning for coveted bags for her clients either. There can be enough “no” in Hermes already. No one needs an SA who only thinks in no’s.

It’s not personal but your current SA does not appear to be on your side, so I agree with others that you should switch SAs. It makes me think that this SA is probably not good at petitioning for coveted bags for her clients either. There can be enough “no” in Hermes already. No one needs an SA who only thinks in no’s.

It’s true, I kinda knew that from day one from her attitude towards me.
I’ve been trying to build a relationship and purchase history so I can be offered a B one day.
Unfortunately I think that’s been wasted so far lol.
I’ll find someone to work with that will be a better fit for me.