Red Carpet SOG Swatches ONLY!!!!!!

One of a Kind-3 coats (accent nail is Gelish)

1st pic with flash indors, 2nd pic outside trying to show slight shimmer.

Attachments

• 1370875131802.jpg
    1370875131802.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 4,631
  • 1370875148117.jpg
    1370875148117.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 4,542
I feel like I'm stretching a bit with this one, haha, but this is RCM's "Shimmering Gown", one layer dabbed onto the tops of my nails. The base is Nailuv's "Boracay Beach" (which glows blue-green just like the perfect ocean water, but I digress... :P)

It's a neat sheer blue-based jelly color with iridescent glitter flakes--they mostly shine blue-green-yellow-ish. When layered over a similar color, sometimes the lighting causes it to blend in with the base color, and in other lights it catches all the glitter and really shines. I think it's a pretty great way to get some extra sparkle and design onto your nails, but the color is kind of forgiving when it's over top of a similar color if you aren't the best artist!

Attachments

• nailuvbora3.jpg
    nailuvbora3.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 3,996
  • nailuvbora4.jpg
    nailuvbora4.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 4,115
Red Carpet Manicure has a TON of new colors coming out, I wonder why I don't see more replies in this thread?

I have some swatches of older colors to share, though!

First is three coats of "One of a Kind", which is a metallic lavender shade with some multidimensional shimmers in the right light--if you look close. It's kind of streaky, so you can plainly see where I wasn't careful wrapping the tips of my nails.

Since purple gels tend to fade, I applied some fresh coats to my old manicure to do a comparison shot at the end--the color maybe faded just a shade or two lighter/greyer, but nothing noticeable or ugly, since it has such a silvery metallic sheen already. I actually liked the faded color on my nails better!

Then is three coats of "It's not a Taupe" with some attempted sharpie Halloween art. :graucho: For sake of completion I'll include my other nails, with Kiss Everlasting Gel Polish in "Sweet".

Lastly is FOUR coats of "Fake Bake". It looks nice on my nails, but it took FOUR coats! It was streaky, and for how similar it is to "It's Not a Taupe", it applied completely different to my nails. It's a little more peachy, whereas "It's not a Taupe" is more khaki grey.

Attachments

• oneofa1.jpg
    oneofa1.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 3,331
  • oneofa2.jpg
    oneofa2.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 3,308
  • oneofa3.jpg
    oneofa3.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 3,280
  • oneofa4.jpg
    oneofa4.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 3,354
  • rcmtaupe1.jpg
    rcmtaupe1.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 3,092
  • kisssweet1.jpg
    kisssweet1.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 3,091
  • fakebake3.jpg
    fakebake3.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 3,069
  • fakebake1.jpg
    fakebake1.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 3,088
I think swatches of these have been posted before, but another picture never hurts, right? I grabbed them on clearance this week at Ulta.

Behind the Scenes
RCM_Behind_the_Scenes_1.jpg

On the Catwalk
RCM_On_the_Catwalk_1.jpg

I Own the Runway
RCM_I_Own_the_Runway_1.jpg

So Icy
RCM_So_Icy_1.jpg

I think swatches of these have been posted before, but another picture never hurts, right? I grabbed them on clearance this week at Ulta.

Lucky! I didn't see any of the most recent collections on clearance at my Ulta yesterday--the only thing on clearance besides the holiday duos was a red shade from the summer collection!

What I like about "Behind the Scenes" is that it satisfies my love for dark green, without being too hard to work with like Gelish's "A Runway for the Money" or the RCM equivalent. That, and the shimmer is a neat warm gold with orange/green reflects that's not overpowering/metallic.
Here's my swatches of that over top of "So Icey", which has some scattered holographic glitters that I tried to capture unsuccessfully in the first picture.

And then I have some more swatches of the glitters they released in the holiday silver and gold collection--the silver is "Put some Bling on it" (kind of like a lesser version of Essie's "Set in Stones") over top of another brand, NaiLuv "Rum Cola". The gold glitter with scattered holographic sparkles is "Adorn Me" (which is a dupe for Gelish's "Twinkle" iirc), and once again I put it on top of a NaiLuv gel polish--this one was called "Super Freaky"). Hopefully you can get an idea of what it's like, even though I put sparkles on top of my sparkles....so my sparkles would be extra sparkly...or something.

Attachments

• rcmtree1.jpg
    rcmtree1.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 2,773
  • rcmtree5.jpg
    rcmtree5.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 2,747
  • rcmtree4.jpg
    rcmtree4.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 2,793
  • nailuvsuper1.jpg
    nailuvsuper1.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 2,743
  • nailuvbling3.jpg
    nailuvbling3.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 2,841
RCM A Lighter Shade of Gray. I just love this classy color so much. I hope the color looks accurate - it's a pure steel gray frost. There are no brown tones in it.

Attachments

• CAM00390.jpg
    CAM00390.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 2,331
I have two Dazzling Gems collection colors to show off... first is "Trendsetter", which I promptly returned because of how similar it is to their permanent shade "Shimmering Gown". I swatched both next to each other--in the first, there's one coat of each, and "Trendsetter" on the left looks just a little more pale and muted in the amount of shimmer it has. In the second, I used three coats of each--this time, "Trendsetter" is on the RIGHT and it is almost exactly the same as "Shimmering Gown"!

Second is "Stealing the Spotlight", which has never been a more apt name for a gel polish--it really stole the spotlight away from Gelish's "Rough Around the edges". It's a gorgeous flaky polish in a clear base, with cool toned small iridescent shimmers as well as the large flakes. The larger pieces glow mostly cool toned, too, but have a few hints of warmer tones here and there. Oh, and I only used ONE coat; that's how jam-packed with color this polish is.

Like the Gelish flaky polish, "Stealing the Spotlight" did have some spots where the mylar flakes didn't want to lay flat, which you could fix by being careful and flattening out before curing, or applying two coats of top coat afterwards.

Edit: Oh, and my accent nail for the flaky top coat is also RCM "White Hot", which worked ok as a nail art shade, but it took me FOUR COATS for it to not look streaky on my whole nail. The purple is OPI Gelcolor "A Grape Fit"

Attachments

• rcmstealing2.jpg
    rcmstealing2.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 2,289
  • rcmstealing1.jpg
    rcmstealing1.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 2,258
  • rcmtrendsetter2.jpg
    rcmtrendsetter2.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 2,147
  • rcmtrendsetter1.jpg
    rcmtrendsetter1.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 2,177
  • rcmstealing3.jpg
    rcmstealing3.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 2,157
I forgot two more polishes...This is three coats of "Toast of the Town" with "After Party Playful" as an accent (which took FOUR coats due to its streakiness).

"Toast of the Town" has a nice shimmer in it that looks kind of bronze and even has reflects of orange and green in some lights, but mostly it looks like a pretty basic, flat metallic.

"After Party Playful" on the other hand, faded from a pretty mid-tone blue pink to this ugly yellow orange color starting around day 3. I'm glad I only used it as an accent so I wasn't disgusted enough to remove my whole mani earlier.

Attachments

• rcmtoast1.jpg
    rcmtoast1.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 2,176
  • rcmtoast2.jpg
    rcmtoast2.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 2,087
  • rcmtoast3.jpg
    rcmtoast3.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 2,106
  • rcmtoast4.jpg
    rcmtoast4.jpg