Red + Black Cherry Comparison pictures, please!

jelts

O.G.
Mar 23, 2007
I was wondering if I could enlist your help. I'm on the brink of buying a Black Cherry twiggy. It's in place of a red bag - either Sang or Pourpre. The only thing is that I don't know how "red" Black Cherry is.

I'd be helpful if anyone could post side by comparison photos with any red alongside Black Cherry!

Thanks in advance!

Hi jelts,

There is a thread on "Latest from Real Deal Collection", where a post in the last three months has someone reveal her Black Cherry Pom Pon.

I don't think it is actually a red at all: Black Cherry more of a dark burgundy, but absolutely gorgeous.

Black Cherry looks similar at a glance to Bal's Bordeaux as well.

From what I see with my Sang, another friend's Pourpre and a Black Cherry in Cultstatus, there is no similarity between Black Cherry and those two reds - except that Black Cherry is a very dark version of perhaps Pourpre.

Hope this helps, despite the lack of pictures!

Here's a random pic of a Black Cherry with Sang taken under bright daylight with my iPhone.

Because the Black Cherry CP is not mine, I feel a tad guilty posting this. Hope the owner doesn't mind.

attachment.php

Black Cherry as its name sounds really looks like a really dark cherry colour. Very different from the reds. In fact, I feel that unless under bright light, Black Cherry can pass off as black, unlike Pourpre or Sang.

Attachments

• IMG_0218.JPG
    IMG_0218.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 546
Thanks everyone!

I just wanted to see a comparison to see if BC could sate my desire for a red. But I can't decide!

Initially, I thought that Sang would be THE red, but looking at the comparison thread, it seems to confound me more!

Thanks for your picture ieweuyhs. It's the picture that I needed.

Now, I need to make my mind up!

Anyone have any suggestions?

You're welcome.

I'd say Sang and Ruby are much brighter reds and might not be as wearable as Pourpre, a berry-red. Either way, all three are gorgeous.

I have all three and I'd say I get almost equal wear out of them, because I'm not that obsessed about matching my bags with my entire outfit. Whatever makes me happy is my motto.

Jelts - I should be receiving a Black Cherry bal tomorrow afternoon (according to UPS).
I'm a big red bal junkie so I have many reds to compare (Sang,Pourpre,Bordeaux,RT,Ruby,Tomato)- I'll post you a pic as soon as my new baby arrives.

Thanks MAGJES and ieweuyhs!

That would be very very helpful to have those comparison pictures. I want a red bag to complete my twiggy collection: Jaune, Caramel, Grey and Olive. A red would complete it, don't you think? ;)

Jelts - I should be receiving a Black Cherry bal tomorrow afternoon (according to UPS).
I'm a big red bal junkie so I have many reds to compare (Sang,Pourpre,Bordeaux,RT,Ruby,Tomato)- I'll post you a pic as soon as my new baby arrives.
:yahoo: Yaaay, this is the exact comparison pic I've been looking for!!!

I have had all reds including Black Cherry in GGH. It is a beautiful burgundy wine color. Sang is closer to a true brick red and totally different than BC. Black Cherry will not go with anything in the orange red colors but Sang will go with anything in any hue because it has neither orange or purple in it.

I have a Black Cherry Work as well and was in your similar situation before I bought it. I really wanted a brighter red like Sang, but in the end I was able to find Black Cherry in my price range. I am very happy with my decision - it's a great darker red, almost burgundy that goes with most outfits. The leather is really nice as well.

Thanks m-s-m-d and Fashion1!

I'm looking for a red to complete my wheel. But I have a great opportunity to buy a BC at a great price. But I'm afraid that I might still lust after another BalRed.

Jelts, you are so lucky to find a Black Cherry. :smile: I'd love to find one too!!! :smile:
I saw one long time ago and it's a deep burgundy. Very beautiful. Hope you get it.

Magjes, please please please,... please post that comparison pix. I've been waiting for that one like.. forever! :smile: It's sure to be amazing.