Red Bags

GillianAnnie

Dec 28, 2012
If you own a red bag do you wear it with any colours or are you restricted in your choices. I've been looking at the Valentines Alexa and love the colour but don't know how versitile it would be, especially worn with pink/purple tones?

What do you think?

I was after a red bag before Christmas. I wear a lot of black so it's the perfect colour to brighten it up and also I was thinking it'll be "Christmassy." Having said that I think it's a great colour to wear with white in the summer also. I'm personally not into mismatching colours but plenty are and if you can get away with it it's funky but I'm a more traditional dresser.

Look forward to a red reveal....:biggrin:

If you own a red bag do you wear it with any colours or are you restricted in your choices. I've been looking at the Valentines Alexa and love the colour but don't know how versitile it would be, especially worn with pink/purple tones?

What do you think?

I've got a gorgeous early Kate Spade red patent baby bag (which looks like a normal bag) and I've worn her with so many different colours and outfits. Having said that, I've not worn her with pink/purple tones - something makes me think it may clash, although I'm probably just not confident enough to try! If you love the bag, I'm sure you'll carry her! ;)

Not strictly a red bag but I did have a watermelon alexa which I wore with anything. Co-ordinated or contrasting it was a statement pop of colour in its own right. Oh why did I sell it...I miss having a bright bag.

Last edited:
I have a Coq City which is a true red and the colour is really versatile. I don't clash it with pink/purple would would wear it with just about everything else.

The Valentine Lexy would look great with smart as well as casual jeans etc.

I think a true red/tomato red would contrast with pink or purple tones. However it would look great with navy, black, white, beige, cream and jeans.

But to be honest I always end up selling or giving away bright red bags as I get tired of them. I prefer burgundy/wine/purple.

I'm a "wear what you like with any thing" person !!
I don't think I've ever tried to "match" a bag with anything much (well, maybe once or twice for very "special" occasions, but that's all).
I don't have a red bag, but if I did I'd wear her with absolutely any thing ... mind you, this is "advice" (for want of a better word) from someone who colours her hair alternately between shades of red / violet / purple - so my theories on colour are perhaps not the most reliable ? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xxH

I don't think I've ever tried to "match" a bag with anything much (well, maybe once or twice for very "special" occasions, but that's all).
I don't have a red bag, but if I did I'd wear her with absolutely any thing ... mind you, this is "advice" (for want of a better word) from someone who colours her hair alternately between shades of red / violet / purple - so my theories on colour are perhaps not the most reliable ? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xxH
:tup::giggles:

holleigh said:

Oooh I should try colours in my braids.....hehe. I never will though as I am not brave enough!

I love red and don't have any red bag, maybe because I already have many red clothes/ shoes. I could imagine of having red alexa with grey/white dresses/ shirts/ jacket in the summer.