red bags: a must in every bag collection?

Thanks for the encouragement ladies! We are planning a trip in November, so *NO MORE* Balenciagas until after then. Maybe for Mxas (if the Rouge Vif Twiggy is still available) or unless something fabulous ($$$) happens at work before then!!

I wish you well,

Bridget

Having a lot of trouble deciding between a black or red city for my very first bbag. I don't have either right now (my black prada was stolen a few weeks ago), and know that practically speaking, black is classic. But the red is so pretty and striking that I'm completely torn.

If I'm paying this much for a bag (and assuming it's my only one), should it be classic or striking? I know it's a personal preference, but what do other B-girls think? :thinking:

sorry about your loss. tough decision. bal is as famous for its classic blacks as it is for colours. red is a neutral classic every girl NEEDS, as is black! what style are you considering to go with your wardrobe? from there, maybe you can decide whether to get a cheaper red bag or cheaper black bag. hope this helps somewhat.

I have a tough time carrying black bags anymore since I started with BBags lol. But I think Red most certainly is classic and looks GREAT with Bbags. I think in the end it depends on your wardrobe and what colors you wear most. =)

I suggest you shoud get one in black as your first b-bag. You won't be disappointed about it. The black bag is always classic!!
I got Rouille City as my first b-bag, and I really love it!!
But still, I need one in dark color ( which I think black is the best to get)
so that I could wear it all year long with most of my everyday outfits.
That's why I just bought 08 Anthracite City SGH!! I love her so much!!!
Hope this would help you make a decision. ^^
:smile::yes::smile:

I would go with the red! Bal has some gorgeous reds (Ruby is stunning!), and I consider red to be a neutral that goes with most anything. My Rouge Vif City is by far my favorite bbag. You can always get a black bag later.

i am sorry for your loss!
both black and red are must-have b-bags.
your decision depends on your personal needs, the colours you use to wear etc (for example, i am srictly a neutral colours- girl).
i think, however, that a black bbag is a great choice for a start. it is classic and goes with everything. red is an eye-catching colour so i think u can buy a bright colour later.
anyway, whatever u decide i am sure u will love it sooo much! :yes:

If you love red, I'd start with that. It sounds like it would compliment your wardrobe and it's more interesting than black. You can always get black, it comes out every season, but the new Ruby is TDF. I love all reds so any you pick would be great, IMO.

Good Luck Choosing!

I would go with red! why? because Bbags are too special & different, so if you're planning on getting just one Bbag, go with more of a statement bag, something different! something vibrant! red is perfect for a Bbag!
Later on, you can buy the black one and trust me, you will!! :yes: