Red bag difficulties!

GUNG

Aug 25, 2007
Once upon a time, I had no red handbags! I was always on the lookout for the perfect red bag, and now I realize I have more red handbags than I need. The problem is that I feel that the red bags I do have are all very functional, beautiful, and classy, and now I dont know which ones are the better bags to keep because having 5 red bags is a tad unecessary kwim? I have somewhat of an idea, but would like to know what you guys think too.

The red bags I am talking about are the Botkier Bianca in Cherry, the Marc Jacobs Venetia in Pomegranete, the Marc by Marc Jacobs Faridah in Cordovan Red, the Rebecca Minkoff MA in Red Wine, and the Rebecca Minkoff Matinee in Red Wine. I apologize for the stock/ebay pics, my camera is acting weird and I cant take pictures.

Your thoughts are appreciated!

Attachments

• cherrybotkierlargefront.JPG
    cherrybotkierlargefront.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_3410.JPG
    IMG_3410.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 77
  • 83201505_tp.jpg
    83201505_tp.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 72
  • 18021-ViewSize300-Front.jpg
    18021-ViewSize300-Front.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 70
  • 18018-viewsize300-front.jpg
    18018-viewsize300-front.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 62
I like the Botkier and the MBMJ Fardiah. RM not really my style and I think those two bags look too similar anyways. The Venetia is nice, I think it's a good work/school bag so it depends on what your using it for.

wow, this is my worst nightmare. I love them all and am obsessed with the Botkier Cherry color. LOVE the RM in wine. How about keeping the Faridah (its a diff shape), the Bianca and the Matinee? is that helping? probably not. :nogood:

If I were trying to pare down a bit, I would keep the Botkier, the MJ Venetia, and either the MA or the Matinee (Matinee would be my pick). I am not in love with most of the bags in the MBMJ turnlock line, and the MA and Matinee seem a little redundant IMHO.

Beautiful bags though - good luck!

I just got rid of my Marc by Marc Jacobs Turnlock Satchel in Cardovan because I wasn't using it. IMO, you should keep the Botkier and the Matinee (I feel that the flaps on the Matinee give it a different look).

I would keep the Botkier because that's such a gorgeous shade of red (not really true red I think), 1 of the MJs and 1 of the RMs (I personally prefer the MA because I'm not crazy about the flap things on the Matinee).

Though I love RM bags, I'd have to agree. The MA bag and the matinee look too similar...but why not just get on of those in another color? The rest are absolutely too die for...you really can't have too much red, especially when they are all so versatile.

I am partial to the Botkier because I have one myself. You should definitely keep that because 1) everyone seems to like it here and 2) it's the only lambskin you have.

Then I think you should keep the Matinee because 1, 2, and 3 all have "boob" pockets, giving them a similar look.

I love red bags too and am on the hunt for my first one! I would keep one out of the first two since they look very similar, the middle hobo because it's different from the rest and can be worn on the shoulder, and one out of the last two because they also look similar (I LOVE the matinee-not a fan of the MA).

If you are really looking to cut down, I would keep the middle hobo and the matinee (since all the others look so similar and are hand/arm carries only). Whatever you do, keep the matinee!

I would keep 1, 3, and 5.
Reasons? Based on functionality and look.
1 and 2 are similar in that they are both satchels with no straps. However, 1 looks more chic. Besides, the buckle strap on 2 (Venetia) seems difficult to open/close (also easily wear out the leather).
3 is the only shoulder bag.
4 and 5 look very similar and redundant. However, 5 looks cute and it has a shoulder strap. Actually, 4 looks the least appealing to me.

Well, if it were ME, I'd let go of the Botkier first - the color is lovely, but the Bianca has just never appealed to me personally. Plus you have 2 double-pocket satchels and I'd definitely never let go of the Venetia. The MbyMJ is your only hobo type in the bunch, so that would be nice to keep around too. After that, I'd force myself to choose between the RMs. Normally, I'd vote to keep the Matinee as the pics always show such magnificent leater and the MA looks a little stiffer, but I just got my first MA (in caramel) yesterday and I love it so much I may toss my entire collection and just get MAs in every color! :shame:

I like 1 and 2 best. If the Bianca is a large size, then it will go on shoulder which is a requirement for me...and it's nice soft lether. Don't know whether the MJ will fit on shoulder. If not, I wouldn't get it. but maybe you don't mind hand-held