RED: 12A or 13C

tutushopper

❤️ Lambskin Lover ❤️
O.G.
Apr 13, 2012
So, I really want a M/L in RED. I love the look of the 12A in photos (have not seen it irl. I have seen the 13C. To get the 12A, I would have to pay a premium via reseller. What do you think?

tutushopper said:
So, I really want a M/L in RED. I love the look of the 12A in photos (have not seen it irl. I have seen the 13C. To get the 12A, I would have to pay a premium via reseller. What do you think?

I would get 13C and this is coming from a person who bought the 12A red in the kisslock. I love 12A red but I wish it were lamb. 13C is a little brighter, but very very close. What I love about 13C is the lamb. Hands down... I would get 13c for the lamb.

Between the 12A red soft caviar and 13C red... 13C lamb all the way. If the 13C red came in a kisslock, for sure I would have bought it, but sadly it doesn't.

For me, there is no equal to lambskin... it's simply gorgeous and 13C red is stunning in lamb. I've seen it in real life.

I would get 13C and this is coming from a person who bought the 12A red in the kisslock. I love 12A red but I wish it were lamb. 13C is a little brighter, but very very close. What I love about 13C is the lamb. Hands down... I would get 13c for the lamb.

Between the 12A red soft caviar and 13C red... 13C lamb all the way. If the 13C red came in a kisslock, for sure I would have bought it, but sadly it doesn't.

For me, there is no equal to lambskin... it's simply gorgeous and 13C red is stunning in lamb. I've seen it in real life.

Thank you for your opinion, which I value pretty highly. I am just so lured in by the photos of the 12A (and I know you have the kisslock, which I thought about, but I really wanted the M/L). I've seen the 13C in real life also, and it is really pretty; it's the 12A I've only seen in photos.

Most of my bags are lambskin, other than my kisslock (rigid caviar) and one flap (plus some other finishes, such as metallic and aged calf in reissue).

Thank you for your opinion, which I value pretty highly. I am just so lured in by the photos of the 12A (and I know you have the kisslock, which I thought about, but I really wanted the M/L). I've seen the 13C in real life also, and it is really pretty; it's the 12A I've only seen in photos.

Most of my bags are lambskin, other than my kisslock (rigid caviar) and one flap (plus some other finishes, such as metallic and aged calf in reissue).

Crazy idea... there may be a 12A kisslock left. You could order to see if you even like 12A in person and compare it to 13C. I know a kisslock is not the same as seeing the ML, but at least you can get an idea of the texture. I own lamb, soft caviar, and regular caviar, and I absolutely love lamb. If I had to choose between two bags where the color was similar, I would choose the lamb bag, even if the color on the soft caviar or caviar was prettier. That's how much I love lamb. And lamb in a ML... it is absolutely pure Chanel... gorgeous. The quilts are puffy, the leather is soft, etc... soft caviar does not have the same puffiness as lamb... it's just the nature of the material. Zoom in on 12A red bags and you will see what I mean.

Just my two cents. But maybe order the 12A kisslock if it's still available to see the color in real life. Photos are really deceiving, especially in the shade red.

But both are gorgeous... you are lucky you have a choice of which red to buy!

I tried both the 12A Jumbo and the 13C Jumbo and the 13C was the winner for me. The 12A looks a little darker IRL than in photos. I love the lambskin on the 13C and it is a little brighter. It is the best red I have seen from Chanel in a few years! However, if you are worried about lambskin, then go for the 12A since the colors are pretty close. I don't think I would pay a premium for the 12A, and I actually prefer the color saturation of the 13C. HTH!

Crazy idea... there may be a 12A kisslock left. You could order to see if you even like 12A in person and compare it to 13C. I know a kisslock is not the same as seeing the ML, but at least you can get an idea of the texture. I own lamb, soft caviar, and regular caviar, and I absolutely love lamb. If I had to choose between two bags where the color was similar, I would choose the lamb bag, even if the color on the soft caviar or caviar was prettier. That's how much I love lamb. And lamb in a ML... it is absolutely pure Chanel... gorgeous. The quilts are puffy, the leather is soft, etc... soft caviar does not have the same puffiness as lamb... it's just the nature of the material. Zoom in on 12A red bags and you will see what I mean.

Just my two cents. But maybe order the 12A kisslock if it's still available to see the color in real life. Photos are really deceiving, especially in the shade red.

But both are gorgeous... you are lucky you have a choice of which red to buy!

Thank you again! You know I have been on my quest for red for a while, and it's driving me bats! The quilts on the lamb are really nice, and the bag is perfect (although I'm not one to microscopically examine a bag). The color inside with flash is a bit more orange, but in the daylight it's definitely a nice shade of red.

I tried both the 12A Jumbo and the 13C Jumbo and the 13C was the winner for me. The 12A looks a little darker IRL than in photos. I love the lambskin on the 13C and it is a little brighter. It is the best red I have seen from Chanel in a few years! However, if you are worried about lambskin, then go for the 12A since the colors are pretty close. I don't think I would pay a premium for the 12A, and I actually prefer the color saturation of the 13C. HTH!

Thank you so much; I know your collection is to die for, so you know your bags. I'm not worried about the lambskin, since I have them. Yes, it does help. :smile:

I have not seen neither irl, im still waiting on saks to ship my bag :sad: . I would buy both but if have to pick one i would choose 13c because i dont like to buy preown bag. Nothinv wrong w buying preown, it just my personal preference.

I have not seen neither irl, im still waiting on saks to ship my bag :sad: . I would buy both but if have to pick one i would choose 13c because i dont like to buy preown bag. Nothinv wrong w buying preown, it just my personal preference.

I really can't and wouldn't buy both, only one or the other. Most of my bags (all but 2) were bought new from the store; one vintage and my 2005 anniversary reissue I bought second hand (the 2005 was new; I'd missed it in the stores). I don't mind buying pre-loved, so long as I know it's authentic.

tutushopper said:

Hi tuteshppper, I have seen both reds IRL ( 12A and 13c) I think 13C is little brighter maybe due to nature of the leather just like ******** mention once. She also had posted some comparison pics somewhere on all 3 reds ( 12C, 12A and 13C) I have 13C in a jumbo, plus I love lamb so that's my vote. :smile:

Hi tutushopper, I think you should grab a 13C red lamb before they get sold out! Unless you already have one. :smile:

I saw a red Boy today at Chanel on 57th in case that might peak your interest.

Hi tutushopper, I think you should grab a 13C red lamb before they get sold out! Unless you already have one. :smile:

I saw a red Boy today at Chanel on 57th in case that might peak your interest.

Hi willeyi. :smile: I hear you on the sold out, so yes, I just got one Friday (not yet revealed due to my thoughts). That's how I know it's so lovely; just still have that little whispering in my head about 12A. So far, sounds like it's unanimous to go with the 13C.

Hi tuteshppper, I have seen both reds IRL ( 12A and 13c) I think 13C is little brighter maybe due to nature of the leather just like ******** mention once. She also had posted some comparison pics somewhere on all 3 reds ( 12C, 12A and 13C) I have 13C in a jumbo, plus I love lamb so that's my vote. :smile:

Thank you so much for the help. It really is sounding like most prefer the 13C, so maybe I should take that as an omen and stop looking at those 12A photos which are making me crazy! :smile: