Recycling rocks! ArmCandyLuvr gets crafty with old rock music tees!

Feb 26, 2006
DBF and I had a bunch of metal/hard rock T-shirts that were either too big for me (they were from my fat days) or too small for him (they were from his skinnier days). It seemed like a waste to toss out a bunch of perfectly good T-shirts. I had just gotten a new sewing machine, so I decided to put something together with the old shirts. I got some backing fabric and quilt batting. I cut out the designs on the fronts (and some backs) of the shirts and pieced them together into a headbangin' quilt! It's so soft...perfect for cuddling up on the couch will singing along to Judas Priest's British Steel! I know it's not the best pic, but here it is. The shirts I used are as follows:

The Haunted, Cannibal Corpse, The Haunted, Bauhaus, Mortician, Cradle of Filth, Mortician, Marduk, Krisiun, Cradle of Filth, The Cure, Nile, The Genitorturers, Deicide, Spawn of Possession, Cannibal Corpse, Diabolique, and Dio.

Excuse the sloppy floor. This room is in a transitional phase, thus the clutter and wires everywhere.

attachment.php

Here's the back of the quilt. Those spots are sparkly flecks in the fabric:

attachment.php

Attachments

• metalquilt.jpg
    metalquilt.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 444
  • metalquilt2.jpg
    metalquilt2.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 241
my aunt did this same project for my cousin out of all her cute little kid t-shirts. i always loved it and wish i had someone to do that for me! or wish i was crafty in that way.

Sweeeeeeeet, love it. I need to get me sewing machine too, what brand did you get??? I have so many pairs of jeans that need to be hemmed it would be cheaper to get a sweing machie and do it myself than pay 12 per pair.

I bought a basic Brother machine from Wal-Mart for about $80. It's the LS-2125i. It's a good basic machine for beginners or those who don't need some hi-tech, pricey computerized machine.

Edited to add: Since we are on the Purse Forum, I thought you guys would be amused to know that I learned to sew as a teen, and the first project I completed was a handbag!

Last edited:
I bought a basic Brother machine from Wal-Mart for about $80. It's the LS-2125i. It's a good basic machine for beginners or those who don't need some hi-tech, pricey computerized machine.

Edited to add: Since we are on the Purse Forum, I thought you guys would be amused to know that I learned to sew as a teen, and the first project I completed was a handbag!

I took sewing classes in middle school (three years in Mexico) I love sewing, i dont have one yet. It is so much fun :tup: