Rectangular mini - red Caviar or silver metallic Lambskin

monkeechu

O.G.
May 15, 2009
Silicon Valley, CA
Hello everyone!

I have the chance (waitlist) to snag either a Rectangular mini in Red Caviar or Silver Metallic Lambskin. Need opinions.

Red Caviar sounds divine. Caviar = durable. But is Red hard to match with outfits? I feel I would have to build my outfit around the mini-flap.

Silver Metallic Lambskin. I've read that the leather is delicate and prone to fading. I wear a lot of grey/black/blue and am sure it'll go with whatever I wear. I searched for older Silver Metallic Lambskin bags and they are showstoppers. I'm just worried about the leather. I do baby my bags, but sometimes you just can't protect them.

Opinions? I'd love a grey/silver mini-flap. Should I wait for a grey Caviar? I do not own any Red pieces. I have a black sheepskin Chevron Reissue and a black Caviar WOC. TIA!

Arielgal

Feb 10, 2017
+1 for red! If you don't have a red already. I think Chanel reds are lovely n if this is a shade u like, get it! A girl gotta have a red Chanel n a mini is great for a start! :smile:

Reactions: monkeechu

ngbranda

Nov 20, 2016
Hello everyone!

I have the chance (waitlist) to snag either a Rectangular mini in Red Caviar or Silver Metallic Lambskin. Need opinions.

Red Caviar sounds divine. Caviar = durable. But is Red hard to match with outfits? I feel I would have to build my outfit around the mini-flap.

Silver Metallic Lambskin. I've read that the leather is delicate and prone to fading. I wear a lot of grey/black/blue and am sure it'll go with whatever I wear. I searched for older Silver Metallic Lambskin bags and they are showstoppers. I'm just worried about the leather. I do baby my bags, but sometimes you just can't protect them.

Opinions? I'd love a grey/silver mini-flap. Should I wait for a grey Caviar? I do not own any Red pieces. I have a black sheepskin Chevron Reissue and a black Caviar WOC. TIA!
Definitely red - it's a mini too so it wouldn't look too loud due to its size

Apr 24, 2009
Is its the current chevron caviar rectangular mini? I would pick the red hands down. The red is beautiful, & it gives a nice 'pop' to your outfit. I usually avoid metallic since its prone to fadding. But if you are unsure, perhaps you might want to consider something more neutral, like black, charcoal minis.

Vanana

I could give up shopping, but I'm not a quitter.
Jun 28, 2015
Red with no doubt if it's your perfect shade of red. however, you do know there's a silver metallic caviar mini available current season if you favor a metallic grey/silver? spring act 2 which are in store right now..

Tuned83

Apr 5, 2014
UK
IMG_4763.JPG I love my red caviar mini, wear it everywhere dressed up or down. Here I am heavily pregnant last year. Was in the boutique last week and the SA commented that it was very sought after piece/colour. Mine is from 2015 with RHW. So I say red caviar if it's a nice shade of red.