Recs for New Purse

trishthefish

Jul 13, 2015
I was thinking of treating myself for surviving 2020, but haven't looked at bags in a while because of my current work environment being pretty anti status bag. Budget would be ~$1000 or under, not opposed to pre-loved or slightly "outdated" bags or waiting for a sale. I also have a $400 credit at Nordstrom that could be tacked on.

Currently my everyday is a small brown Madewell transport tote that is looking well loved. I also have a light pink chloe drew, a grey kate spade satchel, a mansur gavriel brown tote and their black/red bucket bag that was probably my second most loved bag behind the madewell.

My current work is very creative/ design driven, but my department is entirely men. The women in other departments regularly make fun of people who wear overly flashy designer things to work (gucci belts, hermes evelyn, chanel flaps) so I am hesitant to get anything formal or with huge logos that like the current gucci/ysl camera bags. The senior women wear Bogetta Veneta woven bags, a Loewe puzzle bag or relatively unbranded but nice work totes. Kate spade is somewhat popular with the younger people, but I'm not particularly excited by them ATM..

Thoughts? What bag would you get if you had $1000 burning a hole in your pocket?

Last edited:
If you want subtle but durable and unbranded, I'd look at Coach Troupe Tote or Carryall, or the Courier Carryall. They have a hangtag that you can remove, otherwise the branding is pretty much invisible. Dreamer with whipstitching is also pretty.

If you want subtle but durable and unbranded, I'd look at Coach Troupe Tote or Carryall, or the Courier Carryall. They have a hangtag that you can remove, otherwise the branding is pretty much invisible. Dreamer with whipstitching is also pretty.
I totally forgot about coach, but the details on the Courier are great for the price point and it's on sale. It also led me on a rabbit hole to vintage coach purses which are so pretty too.

This one is only $135!
1609350005416.png

I started looking and this is only a first stab, but everything is somewhat branded oops lol.

Chloe Small Marcie $875 (TRR)- okay so this might be recognizable, but it's pretty casual and the logo isn't that visible for people not in the know
1609346533751.png

Chloe Mini Marcie Crossbody -$990 @ Nordstom, clearly like the marcie style for casual-ness, my BFF has the tan and loved it to death

1609347600351.png

Rag & Bone Brown Field Bag $318 (sale)- again branded, but lower on the price scale

1609346665790.png

APC Demi Lune Bag $280 (sale)- comes in tons of colors, has the right vibe for office biz cas

1609346905568.png

@trishthefish I recognize the rabbit hole! I think the new Coach is still very much Coach and has some of the same spirit than the vintage pieces. Both are very work appropriate IMO.
I do love the Marcies as well. All in all, the bags you had in mind are all pretty safe choices for the environment you work in. Nothing attention grabbing but still very much luxury and great quality. :tup: