Recs for High-end Consignment Stores in OH/IL/IN

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Jul 13, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
    Not sure if this is the right place to ask this(also posting on the Glass Slipper forum), MODs, please redirect or remove if necessary, thank you!

My mom's looking to get rid of a bunch of clothes and shoes she no longer wear/fit into. Mostly Escada suits and a few shoes like Ferragamo/ColeHaan/SW/etc and I know the Selections in Chicago, but what else is out there? Any suggestions in Ohio, Indiana, or Illinois would be greatly appreciated as we'll be traveling to these places visiting family throughout the summer so we can just drop them off along the way. She doesn't need any quick sales, just a place to get rid of them...she was going to sell them $1/piece at her $1/item annual yard sale, but I stopped that!

TIA!!!!!!!:biggrin:

PS. Forgot to mention, IN(Anywhere along I-65 down to south side of Indy), OH(Greater Cincinnati), IL(Chicago/Hinsdale/Oakbrook/Naperville and surrounding areas).

2. Not sure if this is the right place to ask this(also posting on the Wardrob forum), MODs, please redirect or remove if necessary, thank you!

My mom's looking to get rid of a bunch of clothes and shoes she no longer wear/fit into. Mostly Escada suits and shoes like Ferragamo/ColeHaan/SW/etc and I know the Selections in Chicago, but what else is out there? Any suggestions in Ohio, Indiana, or Illinois would be greatly appreciated as we'll be traveling to these places visiting family throughout the summer so we can just drop them off along the way. She doesn't need any quick sales, just a place to get rid of them...she was going to sell them $1/piece at her $1/item annual yard sale, but I stopped that!

TIA!!!!!!!:biggrin:

PS. Forgot to mention, IN(Anywhere along I-65 down to south side of Indy), OH(Greater Cincinnati), IL(Chicago/Hinsdale/Oakbrook/Naperville and surrounding areas).

3. Hi! We actually have a shopping forum now.
    In the future, please only post a thread one time, we don't allow members to post the same topic more than once.
    I'll merge them and move them to our Shopping Forum for you :yes:

Thanks!

4. Gotcha Swanky Mama, thanks for the reminder(time to refresh my tPF rules, ha!)

5. :cutesy: No worries!

6. Are you going to be anywhere near Iowa?

7. If you will be in Madison WI Lady Moxie is a great place for high end consignment

8. I use Linda's stuff and I am pretty happy with them. You basically box everything call them with the number of boxes you have. They pay UPS to come and pick everything up free of charge. They then list and sell on ebay and give you 65% of the sales.

9. Are there any high end consignment stores in Iowa?

10. No, no family there:biggrin:

Madison's too far north for us(Milwaukee's usually as far as we go for family, thank you for the rec though:smile:

11. I've bought stuff from Linda's via Ebay before, great to work with. I might have to go that route if nothing else comes up. I have an ebay account too, but I've been avoiding the fleabay as much as I can:smile: