Recs for Chanel newbie

foxbean

Jul 24, 2016
Hi there. I was hoping to get some advice from this forum of wise and kind experts.
I am looking to buy my first Chanel. I like the classics, but am open to things other than the 2.55. I’m not in love with the Boy model.
I know I like the size Medium or something even smaller. I know I prefer lambskin. I know I want silver hardware.
I’d probably prefer new just because I want it to be pristine.
I lean towards a black bag, but also like white and cool pink or red( not loving the current pinks or reds that I can see). I went to a boutique where my best option in stock seemed to be a black lambskin diamond medium 2.55, but I find myself hesitating a little for the price.
Is this model too popular?
I suppose I’d like something just a little different that the Chanel bag I see most often.
I’d like to look at a “trendy” or chevron flap, but none seem to be available with silver hardware right now(?).
Anyone else know if anything out there that is classic with silver hardware other than the 2.55? Will there be more silver in the fall collection?
Thanks for any advice!

Hello! Sounds like you're looking for new, is that correct? Wanted to confirm before responding. So far the sneak peak photos for fall/winter have included a lot of gold hardware. However, that doesn't mean there won't be a release of silver somewhere in there too.

Hello! Sounds like you're looking for new, is that correct? Wanted to confirm before responding. So far the sneak peak photos for fall/winter have included a lot of gold hardware. However, that doesn't mean there won't be a release of silver somewhere in there too.
Yes- ideally new. I’ve sort of come to the conclusion I should either buy a black woc with shw now, and wait to buy a larger bag when the next fall collection comes out, vs buy the classic black lambskin medium now. I suppose I’d like to see if there are any cool pinks/ reds/ or white with shw in the next collection.
Thanks for any advice.