Recs for a bag needed....

fairlady

O.G.
Sep 17, 2006
Wel, I am in the market for a new black bag. I've been all over this forum studying and admiring all the beautiful bags and keep going back here to Mulberry! I currently have several LV, balenciaga, and two Koobas. Anyway I have not seen a Mulberry bag in person, the leather looks beautiful. So , I really like the Bayswater style, looks like a great everyday bag. Can it be worn on the shoulder, if not what would be a great first Mulberry? Thanks everyone so much!

I have a Black Bayswater and I love it. Shoulder carrying depends rather on:

• What time of year you want to wear it
  • How thick your winter coat is
  • The shape of your shoulders
  • The size of your arms.
I can wear mine in most coats.

Bayswater can fit on the shoulder unless you are wearing a winter coat. I struggle with mine in the colder months. If you want a light , easy to wear shoulder bag the mabels are v popular (I haven't got one) and I can personally recommend the somerset tote.
Have you been through the catwalk thread to see what else you like?

If you like the look of the Bays then I say go for it! I would recommend trying one in before you buy though, just so you can be sure it will work for you.

Good luck deciding and let us know what you decide!

If you find the regular Bays a bit big or heavy then the East / West Bays might be an idea. The handles are longer so not so many probs fitting on shoulder, or if you prefer a handheld the Lebury although the latter is not now made.