RECORD snow in DALLAS!!!

Here are a few pics for everyone to enjoy.....the ice sculpture was done by some teens at our local park (kind of spooky cool!)

Attachments

• snow 028 (Medium).jpg
    snow 028 (Medium).jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 159
  • snow 024 (Medium).jpg
    snow 024 (Medium).jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 166
  • snow 040 (Medium).jpg
    snow 040 (Medium).jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 146
  • snow 025 (Medium).jpg
    snow 025 (Medium).jpg
    52 KB · Views: 113
Swanky.......... When I heard about "record snowfall in Dallas".........it blew me away. I thought it was so seldom that Texas ever got snow, and you've certainly had your share! So sorry about the situation with your MIL. It's one thing that they had to put off her treatments for a bit, but to also have their power out is just too much. Tell them to bundle up, especially your MIL!!! Do homes in Texas usually have generators ? In S. Florida.....obviously b/c of Hurricane Season, we have to........ since the power can be off for weeks at a time! I'll keep my fingers crossed that their power goes back on, they can stay warm, and then your MIL can resume her treatments. Take pictures of the snow!!!!!!!!!!!:nuts::nuts::nuts:

Last edited:
No, no one here really had generators. I got her and FIL to come to my house so they're here now, nice and toasty and listening to kids argue w/ me, LOL!

Yes, the snow has certainly been fun! The kids have been having a blast with it. It's been crazy this year!

Swanky - did you happen to notice how BRIGHT it was outside last night? We were up until close to 1:00 am and I swear it looked like it should have been about 6:30 am.

pics at 11pm at NIGHT - no flash, no street lights, etc... in the front,
my flash came on in the backyard but it's not a "external flash" it wasn't lighting up the atmosphere! LOL!

Attachments

• editIMG_4603.jpg
    editIMG_4603.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 155
  • editIMG_4597.jpg
    editIMG_4597.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 158
As someone who drives through Dallas multiple times a year to see the in laws who live in New Braunfels, TX...I can say this snow has to shut you all down with those overpasses in downtown Dallas!!

Beautiful pictures Swanky! Glad your in laws are warm at your house!!