Reconsidering my Collection -what is your opinion?

Nivahra

O.G.
Aug 6, 2012
Hello dears,

I'm a big LV Lover. I build a small collection in the past 3 years. A few month ago I thought, I'm done and fine with it, a can grab to every ocassion a spezial bag. But I feel something growing on me: Do I have too many (same) bags? I realized, that I wear some bags less than others. I'm redundant with styles (a few Alma's, 2 Neverfulls, 2 Speedys,...) and prints. I know, a lot of us are, and I'd Never had a problem until now.
And some tastes changed. I build up my collection in a short period of time. I liked one style and bought in shortest time more of it. Now, some time later I do. find negatives of some styles. F. e. the Alma PM: just a handheld bag, it doesn't look good with a strap on me. And it doesn't lay flat at the body, I often hit persons/things with it. The wide is not open enough and so on.
Sometimes I feel overtaxed (?) with the selection I have. I'm a person which has Sometimes problems with making decisions of I have too many options.

Now I'm thinking of minimalize my collection. I think, maybe I should sell my Alma's and buy 2 other bags for it. I learned that I Love the colors Magnolia/Rose Ballerine and black and selected two bags: the Capucines BB in noir and the Babylone Chain BB in Magnolia.

What do you think? What would be a well rounded collection? Which bags would you hold, which sell?
What do you think of the 2 bags I selected for new ones (are they heavy?)?

Every thought is appreciate! And sorry for my english, I'm German with school english 20 years ago [emoji6]

My collection:
IMG_1485082023.101633.jpgIMG_1485082052.938664.jpgIMG_1485082094.476961.jpgIMG_1485082116.274188.jpg

And the new ones I like to buy eventually:
IMG_1485082153.951736.jpg IMG_1485082168.255436.jpg
(Pics from louisvuitton.de)

Hi Nivahra, I think you have a beautiful collection!
I am not good at giving advice, but I think you can´t do anything wrong with the Capucine BB in noir. It´s such an elegant timeless bag. And since you mentioned that the Alma PM is not the perfect bag for you, it sounds like a good plan to sell some of the Almas and get something special instead :smile: .
I am German too, btw :smile: .

Your collection is so beautiful :heart:
I think, Sibelle gave you good advice. If you don't really love the Alma, it might be a good idea to sell some of them and buy a bag you'll really love and enjoy wearing :smile:

I'm german too... Liebe Grüsse aus dem kleinen Saarland :wave:

Reactions: dkruck1211
Hi Nivahra, I think you have a beautiful collection!
I am not good at giving advice, but I think you can´t do anything wrong with the Capucine BB in noir. It´s such an elegant timeless bag. And since you mentioned that the Alma PM is not the perfect bag for you, it sounds like a good plan to sell some of the Almas and get something special instead :smile: .
I am German too, btw :smile: .

Your collection is so beautiful :heart:
I think, Sibelle gave you good advice. If you don't really love the Alma, it might be a good idea to sell some of them and buy a bag you'll really love and enjoy wearing :smile:

I'm german too... Liebe Grüsse aus dem kleinen Saarland :wave:

Thank you Ladies! So funny that you are both from Germany! [emoji5]
I was a big Alma Lover. The clean style, timeless, durability, weight....but after using my other bags a lot I learn to love wide opens, smoother leather, better laying crossbody....

It's such a hard decision....they are all totally new, just the blue one has a little scratch....

Thank you for your opinions!!! [emoji5]

Reactions: Sibelle
Hi there!

New member here, but I just wanted to say what an amazing collection! You know what, I am actually starting out my own collection and I had a similar thought to yours in that I was wondering if I should start my collection with everything being the same print or mix it up a bit with different prints? Now I'm unsure cause looking at yours, it's stunning to see everything together. I think maybe downsize the ones you might not use as much. I am hoping to get just a few items myself and hopefully get a lot of use out those ones. What everyone else has been saying is sound advice!

Reactions: Nivahra
Hello dears,

I'm a big LV Lover. I build a small collection in the past 3 years. A few month ago I thought, I'm done and fine with it, a can grab to every ocassion a spezial bag. But I feel something growing on me: Do I have too many (same) bags? I realized, that I wear some bags less than others. I'm redundant with styles (a few Alma's, 2 Neverfulls, 2 Speedys,...) and prints. I know, a lot of us are, and I'd Never had a problem until now.
And some tastes changed. I build up my collection in a short period of time. I liked one style and bought in shortest time more of it. Now, some time later I do. find negatives of some styles. F. e. the Alma PM: just a handheld bag, it doesn't look good with a strap on me. And it doesn't lay flat at the body, I often hit persons/things with it. The wide is not open enough and so on.
Sometimes I feel overtaxed (?) with the selection I have. I'm a person which has Sometimes problems with making decisions of I have too many options.

Now I'm thinking of minimalize my collection. I think, maybe I should sell my Alma's and buy 2 other bags for it. I learned that I Love the colors Magnolia/Rose Ballerine and black and selected two bags: the Capucines BB in noir and the Babylone Chain BB in Magnolia.

What do you think? What would be a well rounded collection? Which bags would you hold, which sell?
What do you think of the 2 bags I selected for new ones (are they heavy?)?

Every thought is appreciate! And sorry for my english, I'm German with school english 20 years ago [emoji6]

My collection:
View attachment 3582185View attachment 3582186View attachment 3582187View attachment 3582188

And the new ones I like to buy eventually:
View attachment 3582189 View attachment 3582190
(Pics from louisvuitton.de)
You have a beautiful collection, Nivahra! I also love both the Babylone Chaine BB and Capucines. I think they'll suit you well!

With regard to downsizing, if I had your collection, I would let go of the Caissa tote (looks similar to Speedy DE) and 2 Alma BBs (I would keep the red for variety + whatever is my favourite colour).

I find it ideal to keep my bag count around 10. I don't think I could possibly use/rotate them all if I had more than a dozen. ;) Good luck deciding! :smile:

Reactions: NissePigen
It sounds like you could let go of both the Alma PMs without leaving any void in your collection since you have the same colors in the Alma BB's. If theres a certain color of the Alma BB that you don't reach for, you could let go of one of those since you have a few Alma BB choices remaining.

Last edited:
Nice collection! First of all, it is totally normal for your bag collection to change over time as your taste/lifestyle changes. Reselling bags to purchase new ones is something many of us do...my collection is constantly evolving! If I were you, I would sell the the Alma PM's, since you said the style doesn't work for you. I would also sell one of the Alma BB's, as 4 is a lot to have of one style. Both new bags you selected are beautiful!

Reactions: Sonmi999
Hi Nivahra,
you have a beautiful collection. But if you feel overwhelmed, I would do the following.

1. Delay the shopping for new bags to later.
2. Do another group shot of your bags without all the scarfs and SLGs. Just the bags.
3. From your bags, pick those that you really love and do a group shot with them.
4. Sell some (or all) bags that are not on the last pic.

As regards the Alma PM, I know what you mean. In my view, it is a handheld bag, and it doesn't really work with a strap (at least not permanently). But, I would guess that handheld will get back in fashion (everybody wants crossbody now, but this will probably change again).
I would probably keep the classic black one and sell the pink one.
Also, be aware that the Capuccine is (in my view) meant to be a handheld bag. Love your watercolor speedy!

Enjoy your bags and keep us updated.

You have a beautiful collection, Nivahra! I also love both the Babylone Chaine BB and Capucines. I think they'll suit you well!

With regard to downsizing, if I had your collection, I would let go of the Caissa tote (looks similar to Speedy DE) and 2 Alma BBs (I would keep the red for variety + whatever is my favourite colour).

I find it ideal to keep my bag count around 10. I don't think I could possibly use/rotate them all if I had more than a dozen. ;) Good luck deciding! :smile:

Thank you for your compliment! [emoji5]

I thought the same, that 2 Alma BB are enough. If I buy the Capucines I can let the Noir Magnetique go and maybe the Indigo one. I love the BB Magnolia and the Fuchsia is so special!

I never thought of selling the Caissa, it is a great bag and very comfortable... [emoji848] I have to think about that, because I now own the Neverfull and this is an awesome bag!

10 is a good number of bags, I also own other brands like Longchamps, Chanel (just a WOC) and Kate Spade and so on, but I use them rarely.

Thank you for your opinion!! [emoji5]

Reactions: litchi
It sounds like you could let go of both the Alma PMs without leaving any void in your collection since you have the same colors in the Alma BB's. If theres a certain color of the Alma BB that you don't reach for, you could let go of one of those since you have a few Alma BB choices remaining.

Yes, I think you're right. I don't use the black one often, maybe Vernis isn't for me....and the PM Size-which I start my Alma collection with, isn't as good for me know since 2 years ago...

Thank you for your thoughts!! [emoji2]

Nice collection! First of all, it is totally normal for your bag collection to change over time as your taste/lifestyle changes. Reselling bags to purchase new ones is something many of us do...my collection is constantly evolving! If I were you, I would sell the the Alma PM's, since you said the style doesn't work for you. I would also sell one of the Alma BB's, as 4 is a lot to have of one style. Both new bags you selected are beautiful!

Thank you for your words!!
I feel a little bit....guilty is noch the exact right word, but kind of this that my taste changes so fast! But I really think I was to fast to buy all these still beautiful Alma's and it would be the best to downsize them...

Thank you for your opinion!! [emoji2]

Hi Nivahra,
you have a beautiful collection. But if you feel overwhelmed, I would do the following.

1. Delay the shopping for new bags to later.
2. Do another group shot of your bags without all the scarfs and SLGs. Just the bags.
3. From your bags, pick those that you really love and do a group shot with them.
4. Sell some (or all) bags that are not on the last pic.

As regards the Alma PM, I know what you mean. In my view, it is a handheld bag, and it doesn't really work with a strap (at least not permanently). But, I would guess that handheld will get back in fashion (everybody wants crossbody now, but this will probably change again).
I would probably keep the classic black one and sell the pink one.
Also, be aware that the Capuccine is (in my view) meant to be a handheld bag. Love your watercolor speedy!

Enjoy your bags and keep us updated.

That is a really good practical Idea with the new fotos!! I will do so in the next week! [emoji106][emoji2]

I still like the look of handheld bags, it looks soooo feminine! But it is noch so practicable if I were honest. Sometimes I envy my boyfriend: he has just one LV and can use it every day and he loves this bag so much! Sometimes I think: the more bags I own, the less I do love them...

The Capucines looks with the strap really cool, better than the Alma and the handle is better than the one of the Alma for the crook of the arm. I think it is easier to hold this bag in the hand. I also like my BB's in my hand, but PM....maybe to heavy for me.

The watercolor was always my holy grail - don't use it often, but every time I look at her I fell in love again [emoji7]

Thank you for your thoughts and answering my post! [emoji5]

Reactions: redgreenblue
Your collection is absolutely beautiful!!! I think you've received some great advice on selling the Alma's that are not a good fit for you and just keeping the 2 Alma BB's that you love. I think the Capucines is divine and will fill the void of a black bag nicely and The Babylone screams femininity! Good luck!

Don't sell the Caissa, it's so special, though! I know what you mean about getting overwhelmed with too many options, that happens to me too and I am much happier with a smaller collection and with a system for rotating my bags so they never just sit on the shelf. Good luck and it's ok to change your mind, the good thing is that LV has a good resale value!

Reactions: Nivahra