Recommended boot repair places

aliensurfer

Nov 24, 2008
My wife's Guiseppe Zanotti over knee boots had a little accident the other night. She was wearing them out for my birthday dinner and when we got back home and she went to take them off the one zipper pull had broken off! It took a while to figure out the zipper - it's quite an elaborate little thing that locks in position. There is a little release inside the zipper head that needs to move down in order for the zipper to go down. She has 2 pairs of these boots in the over knee version and 1 pair of knee highs.

Anyone have any places they recommend they have sent some boots to for repairs? I don't mind sending them across the border so long as the repair is worth it. We could probably bring them to a local cobbler, but I'd rather send them somewhere that are used to higher end shoes. Plus, I'm quite sure he'd put a standard zipper in - which will probably suffice - but if I can get the original style I'd prefer that. We're a couple hours east of Toronto. We emailed through the Zanotti website on Sunday, but have yet to get a response. All of these were purchased through ebay over the years. Actually, if the ebay seller can be believed, this particular pair once belonged to Heidi Klum, but I have never been able to verify that or see any pictures of her in these boots.

Thanks in advance...

Attachments

• IMG_2518 (533x800).jpg
    IMG_2518 (533x800).jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_2519 (533x800).jpg
    IMG_2519 (533x800).jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_2520 (800x533).jpg
    IMG_2520 (800x533).jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 115
I would highly recommend Santana Creative in Raleigh, NC. They are a repair center for CL shoes, and also do quite a bit of work with other high end designer shoes. I just had them work on some Guiseppe Zanotti shoes for me last week and was quite pleased. I also had them refinish a crocodile purse last year. They have centers in Atlanta and also one is about to open in Florida- but all work is actually done in the Raleigh location.

I would highly recommend Santana Creative in Raleigh, NC. They are a repair center for CL shoes, and also do quite a bit of work with other high end designer shoes. I just had them work on some Guiseppe Zanotti shoes for me last week and was quite pleased. I also had them refinish a crocodile purse last year. They have centers in Atlanta and also one is about to open in Florida- but all work is actually done in the Raleigh location.
Thanks! I'll check it out.