Recommendations on a makeup bag to carry in my purse

lindylee

O.G.
Dec 16, 2007
I am looking for a nice makeup bag to carry in my purse. The one I have now was a Gift with Purchase from Lancome like 3 years ago and it's time for something new..

I usually carry a Balenciaga City or Chloe Marcie. Looking to spend less than $150.00 on this.
TIA!

Durbable is probably the most important thing. I would probably prefer leather but a good LV type coated canvas would be ok too. Size- 6 inches X 4 inches, not too big. Color I'm open, something "fun". The one I have now is a cheap patent (plastic i'm sure) that is about the size I mentioned (could go a little bigger). Brands- maybe MBMJ, Kate Spade, D&B?
Thanks for asking :smile:

I've used a Longchamp le pliage cosmetic case and also a Rebecca Minkoff one - I preferred the Longchamp as I find that leather makeup cases tend to get pretty dirty quickly..

Durbable is probably the most important thing. I would probably prefer leather but a good LV type coated canvas would be ok too. Size- 6 inches X 4 inches, not too big. Color I'm open, something "fun". The one I have now is a cheap patent (plastic i'm sure) that is about the size I mentioned (could go a little bigger). Brands- maybe MBMJ, Kate Spade, D&B?

http://www.stylebop.com/product_det...sa/&siteID=J84DHJLQkR4-7Ce48tIlKPVmbP_F6BXlAA

This MBMJ looks pretty fun and durable

I have a L.A.M.B. cosmetic pouch and it is wide enough for pencil liners. It's coated nylon I believe, it's fairly supple and the zipper runs very smoothly. At the very most, it can hold the following: 5 MAC eyeshadows, one compact, 3 lipsticks, one mirror, and a pair of reading glasses to give an idea of its capacity

I use a Prada nylon one - it is very light with a zippered picket inside which is sufficient for my handbag needs. I used to carry a slightly padded one, but prefer this one as it's heaps lighter!

The only downside is that it doesnt offer much protection ( being thin nylon) but I'm fine with it.

I use either my LV pouch or Cath Kidston. Highly recommend Cath Kidston for makeup bags they are cheap and cheerful, come in a bunch of different sizes and patterns.

L.A.M.B.Cosmetic Pouch - I think retail is around $100-110 (mine came from Winners and I think I paid $30-35 each for them). They have a variety of prints (coated canvas, similar to LV but a bit thinner) and colours to choose from, brass or silvery zipper and pull depending on the colour of the canvas, nice lining. I use one for my pens/pencils and one for my Kindle, I don't use much makeup. I've had mine for a couple of years and they still look brand new.

I have a couple from Tumi and LeSportsac. Not really cheerful but extremely durable and lightweight nylon. LeSportsac are really inexpensive and have more options as far as patterns and colors. HTH!