Recommendations on a makeup bag to carry in my purse

I have a couple from Tumi and LeSportsac. Not really cheerful but extremely durable and lightweight nylon. LeSportsac are really inexpensive and have more options as far as patterns and colors. HTH!

I love the LeSportsac pouches! The exact reasons you said, durable, lightweight, inexpensive and I love choosing different patterns! I found 2 at TJ Maxx for $10 each for the triple zip and I love them. I've seen others since and some of them are so cute that I have to resist collecting them lol. Before I found the Lesportsac I had a Vera Bradley cosmetic bag that I still really like, they have a nice easily cleaned interior too and I like them for the same reasons as the LeSportsac.

I'm using a Treesje studded Bowie cosmetic bag, in Coffee - on sale from LunaBoston for around $60US, along with S&H and duties. Leather, with gold studs. I can fit a mini-bottle of Avene thermal water, small bottle of hand sanitizer, matchbook emery boards, hand cream, Caudalie Lip Treatment stick, and whatever my LOTD is.

I can stuff a MSFN and a mini-buki brush if I need it, but most days I just have to touch up lip product, so I don't need to really take powder or anything. Unfortunately, the bag is a little too wide to fit in the mouth of a MBMJ Lil Shifty satchel or Speedy 25 without some wriggling, though

I totally agree about having a lightweight and washable cosmetic bag. I've used LesportSac and Prada nylon cosmetic bags--they're great! If they get dirty, I just machine wash and let it dry naturally.