Recommendations needed

Totally in mono or Westminster in DE.

Personally I would avoid azur. Its too easy to get colour transfer on it from dark clothing (it has happened to my hampstead azur). And with little ones, you want a low-maintenance bag.

The Siracusa looks lovely. Azur looks so fresh but I wonder how high maintenance it is. Can those who own an Azur piece provide some insight? Is it so high maintenance that I should forget about it for a few years till the kids are older and stick with DE?

The totally and NF also got many votes, I'll look into these as well. Thanks so much!

I love my mono Totally MM. I had doubts before and after I bought it but I have grown to really love this bag. It's so useful besides being chic to carry. I wish it came in DE because I'd get myself another. It's just so useful and can be dressed up or down.

I say go for the mono Totally. You really won't be sorry. !

The Siracusa looks lovely. Azur looks so fresh but I wonder how high maintenance it is. Can those who own an Azur piece provide some insight? Is it so high maintenance that I should forget about it for a few years till the kids are older and stick with DE?

The totally and NF also got many votes, I'll look into these as well. Thanks so much!

When I read this thread, I immediately thought Siracusa given that I just got it yesterday - and then I saw my reveal thread quoted here. I love this bag but I do think that it is a bit more high maintenance than other materials. I have an azur speedy and haven't had color transfer issues but its handheld so it's not the best comparison. I would suggest looking at your other bags and thinking about any dirt/spots/etc - if here are any, it will be augmented on azur. If not, I don't think it's that high maintenance to be prohibitive. It's really a beautiful bag - and I had sworn off any more canvas bags or any more bags in general - yet this one was worth breaking the ban!

When I read this thread, I immediately thought Siracusa given that I just got it yesterday - and then I saw my reveal thread quoted here. I love this bag but I do think that it is a bit more high maintenance than other materials. I have an azur speedy and haven't had color transfer issues but its handheld so it's not the best comparison. I would suggest looking at your other bags and thinking about any dirt/spots/etc - if here are any, it will be augmented on azur. If not, I don't think it's that high maintenance to be prohibitive. It's really a beautiful bag - and I had sworn off any more canvas bags or any more bags in general - yet this one was worth breaking the ban!

I never considered the Siracusa until it was mentioned here and I like it a lot after seeing your reveal. I am trying to stay away from monogram because I have a hard time carrying a monogram bag to work (too much potential gossips). I know. I just need to get over what others have to say. So I am leaning toward de and azur unless the the particular style only comes in mono or looks better in mono :smile: Hope I'm making sense, lol.

I never considered the Siracusa until it was mentioned here and I like it a lot after seeing your reveal. I am trying to stay away from monogram because I have a hard time carrying a monogram bag to work (too much potential gossips). I know. I just need to get over what others have to say. So I am leaning toward de and azur unless the the particular style only comes in mono or looks better in mono :smile: Hope I'm making sense, lol.

I completely understand about mono. And you have to feel comfortable with your bag. There are many places that would not carry mono so no need to explain.

What about a portobello? Slouchy, zipper, low maintence for two babies under two, easy for work and play?

Or perhaps a speedy b 30 de? Cross body option and can fit lots of kid stuff in it. Not sure about how the weight would feel on the shoulders though?

What about a portobello? Slouchy, zipper, low maintence for two babies under two, easy for work and play?

Or perhaps a speedy b 30 de? Cross body option and can fit lots of kid stuff in it. Not sure about how the weight would feel on the shoulders though?

The strap on the portobello was too wide and didn't stay on my shoulder when I tried it on. I'll put the speedy b on my list of bags to try since it's been mentioned a few times.

The strap on the portobello was too wide and didn't stay on my shoulder when I tried it on. I'll put the speedy b on my list of bags to try since it's been mentioned a few times.

I've been told the speedy b is uncomfortable when worn with strap. Something to keep in mind if you will be using it this ways lot.

Do you think after it softens it would stay put better? I'm curious myself because I'm interested in this bag and with four kids I don't want my purse knocking them in the head when I bend over to pick up the two year old:biggrin:

Do you think after it softens it would stay put better? I'm curious myself because I'm interested in this bag and with four kids I don't want my purse knocking them in the head when I bend over to pick up the two year old:biggrin:

I asked two SAs about the strap. One mentioned that it won't soften a lot unlike the untreated vachetta on the mono and azur bags. The other SA said because the strap widens toward the middle, unlike the Sully, it doesn't stay put well for those with narrow shoulders. HTH

the siracusa looks lovely. Azur looks so fresh but i wonder how high maintenance it is. Can those who own an azur piece provide some insight? Is it so high maintenance that i should forget about it for a few years till the kids are older and stick with de?

The totally and nf also got many votes, i'll look into these as well. Thanks so much!

Siracusa and Totally are beautiful bags! I the Azur Artsy MM and have had no color transfer issues. I did treat it with Kiwi protective spray and my bag is just as clean as the day I bought it almost a year ago. Btw, I'm a mom of 2 just over 2 (sooo happy for you!!) and have used this bag to carry extra clothes, diapers, wipes, etc....the Azur has held up beautifully. I think it's a matter of personal preference. If you love DA and the bag style, just go for it! No bag is completely worry-free, as you'll see even with posts on Mono with vachetta and DE (cracking straps, chafing on piping, etc.) GL, happy shopping!

Siracusa and Totally are beautiful bags! I the Azur Artsy MM and have had no color transfer issues. I did treat it with Kiwi protective spray and my bag is just as clean as the day I bought it almost a year ago. Btw, I'm a mom of 2 just over 2 (sooo happy for you!!) and have used this bag to carry extra clothes, diapers, wipes, etc....the Azur has held up beautifully. I think it's a matter of personal preference. If you love DA and the bag style, just go for it! No bag is completely worry-free, as you'll see even with posts on Mono with vachetta and DE (cracking straps, chafing on piping, etc.) GL, happy shopping!

Thanks! You're right about no bags being completely worry-free. And it is great to hear that you had no problem using an azur with 2 young children.