Recommendations needed on where to get proper bra fitting?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi Everyone!

I'm in need of getting properly fitted for a bra. I'm sort of a busty gal so proper support and comfort are high on my list :smile: I'm 30 and never thought of getting fitted, though my husband has been pushing me to do so. If you've gotten fitted, where did you go? Victoria's Secret? Department store?

I'm in the San Diego area so stores that can be found here would be great.

TIA :smile:

2. Of the places I've tired, I recommend Nordstrom. I'm too busty for Victoria's Secret, and I never felt like they did a good job when I did fit in their sizes.

3. Perfect--thanks RaeBelle! I was thinking of Nordstrom too because like you, I feel too busty for VS.

4. I definitely don't have the too busty problem (quite the opposite :P) -- but have always found VS to be inconsistent and un-helpful! Everytime I go there and get fitted they say I'm a different size!! :confused1: I'll try Nordstrom too! Do I just head over the lingerie section?

5. Getting fit on a regular basis is important. Your bra size can change as you lose/gain weight.

Nordstrom was great! Just wander on over to the lingerie section and ask one of the nice ladies there for some help. Make sure you are comfortable, physically, with the size you get. Your comfort is really more important than the size.

6. I have to agree with the ladies above...Nordstrom is definitely the best place to go. They fit you, offer suggestions for your shape and size, and bring you different styles to try on. VS is not very knowlegable. My mom is a 32 D and when she went in there they told her she was a 32 B! No bueno.

7. I can't agree more! Stay FAR, FAR, FAR away from Victoria's Secret! The people there have absolutely no clue what they are doing and they just don't have a good range of sizes and the quality of the bras just are not good at all. (Ex: I'm a 30D and they don't have that size there! They certainly don't have 32DD when I was that size either!) Nordstrom is a great place to go, especially if a representative from one of the bra companies like Le Mystere is there that day. That's how I learned how a bra should really fit and not to pay attention to the numeric size and instead to look for the key things in how the bra is actually fitting.

8. I agree with the others, go to Nordstrom! I personally like VS bras, but like everyone said, they don't know how to do a proper fitting. BTW, don't be surprised if you turn out to be bustier than you thought! My friend wore a C for years only to find out she was a DD!

9. nordstrom is THE place to go for this.

i am very, very busty, and it's the only mainstream store that i can walk in and walk out with a bra.

10. Or you could measure yourself...I don't like strangers touching my chest (or lack thereof :P)

With a soft tape measure, measure directly under your bust (in inches). This is your band size.

Now, measure around the fullest point of your bust. Subtract your band size number from this result.
    If the number is:
    0 your cup size is AA
    1 = A
    2 = B
    3 = C
    4 = D
    5 = DD

11. I'd avoid VS if I were you. They are notorious for inaccurate sizing. Nordstrom has, hands-down, the BEST and most well-trained lingerie staff. I've always received the kindest and most accurate bra service from them!

12. Another vote for Nordstrom. I got my first fitting last Oct and I was totally wearing the wrong size. Now that I know my size, bras are actually comfortable - who would have thought?

13. My mom can't stop raving about her Nordstrom bra fitting! Definitely try them.

14. WOW!!! I absolutely love this site!!! I walked out of VS today b/c the SA was sooooooo clueless! And at Macy's the SA was very arrogant when she told me I was wearing a bra WAY too small. Then she measured me at 34DD and my bra that was too small was 36DD. I think my bra was the right size just a bad fit. But she didn't have to be so snarky about it. Also I heard her telling another customer that "A 34C and 36B are the exact same bra!" :shrugs: I don't think that is correct at all. I CAN'T WAIT to go to Nordstroms !!!!!!!

15. Nordstrom!