Tech Recommendations for Printer

francot1

O.G.
Jan 24, 2009
My printer is on it's way out and I am looking for recommendations for a new one. I don't need anything fancy but would like it to be wireless and have printer/scanner/copier ability.

I also print quite frequently and would like something that has reasonable ink prices.

If ink is your only concern, check with local Office Depot on their ink refilling program. It's much cheaper than buying OEM product. Be sure to check what type of ink refill the printer use, some only have two ink slots for black and color, while other printers breaks down to further colors (so you can just replace one that's low instead).

My printer is on it's way out and I am looking for recommendations for a new one. I don't need anything fancy but would like it to be wireless and have printer/scanner/copier ability.

I also print quite frequently and would like something that has reasonable ink prices.

I have a brother black laser printer since 2006 and It's still working. I only buy toner about every to 1.5 years for about $65 for one toner. I haven't had any problems with it.

Look at this one
Brother MFC-7860DW

http://www.brother-usa.com/MFC/ModelDetail/4/MFC7860DW/Overview

High Yield Toner

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B003YFHCKY/ref=nosim/6579419rg1105-20?s=merchant&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Why Buy a Laser Printer?
If you in the market for a new printer, whether it is a laser printer or inkjet printer, it is often be a daunting task to decide which printer is the best for your business. Below we briefly highlight some of the advantages of a buying a laser printer.
Advantages of Laser Printers
So why should you buy a laser printer? Some of the main benefits of a laser printer are:
• Speed
Laser printers are fast. A laser can move rapidly and as a result a laser printer can produce prints faster than inkjet printers.
• Quality Prints
Because laser printers use laser technology they produce prints that are more precise and don’t have excess or uneven ink.
• Low Running Costs
The purchase price of a laser printer is expensive compare to inkjet printers. However, after the initial cost, laser printers are very economical since you do not have the cost of ink cartridges. This is why laser printers are ideal for high volume offices.
• Reliable and Durable
In general, laser printers tend to be more reliable and last longer than other types of printers. This is due the laser printer’s design and technology that performs consistently

I have a Brother printer (2135W) that only does mono laser printing (and wireless was a must for me) but I'd recommend Brother (they have heaps of multi-function printers). They're cheap and reliable. :smile:

Although laser printers have a higher cost initially, you save much more money in the long run by not having to buy ink cartridges all the time.

And when I say long run, not even that long, because with cheaper inkjet printers, you are constantly running out of ink.

And unfortunately I've learned this lesson the hard way.