Recommendations for First Chanel

SBMD

Jan 19, 2007
Hi Ladies,

This fall, I will complete graduate school, and as a "congratulations," my husband has offered to purchase a Chanel handbag for me.

What style do you recommend for a person around 5'4"? I love the Mademoiselle and Classic 2.55.

Thank you!

Steph

I prefer the 2.55 reissue flap with Mademoiselle lock than the classic flap with CC lock myself but both are rly great and classic piece. ;)

Get the black w/ silver hardware if it's your first. hehehe

I only snatched 2 pics (to remind myself why I need to save $$$) in NM while SA was busy and went to the stock room to get somtin for me LOL I dun have her yet but she will be mine soon hahaha (hopefully). You should def check out the reference thread to see all the luvly pics of dif colors and style and size... here's the link:

http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel-r...ps-classic-flaps-including-wocs-44179-34.html

http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel-r...your-reissues-and-reissue-wocs-313591-19.html

HTH & good luck! ;)

p.s. I'm 5'2" and that is reissue size 226

Attachments

• reissue 1.jpg
    reissue 1.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 88
  • reissue 2.jpg
    reissue 2.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 101
I think you should get a black caviar with silver hardware as your very first piece of Chanel. It's very versatile and goes with anything you wear. It just depends which size you like.

I chose a Black caviar with silver hardware for my first Chanel purchase too!

Congrats on your educational milestone! Your DH is so sweet for treating you with a Chanel. You're a lucky girl. Now the fun begins. You have plenty of time before December to decide. I think you should check out the reference library to get an idea of which bag/color/size/leather/hardware you'd like to try on at the boutique. Personally, I think the classic flaps & 2.55 reissues are the quintessential Chanel bags. Keep us updated on which bag you finally decide on.

I think you should get a black caviar with silver hardware as your very first piece of Chanel. It's very versatile and goes with anything you wear. It just depends which size you like.

Thank you for your response. I am looking at the black caviar in silver as my coloring is neutral, and I can wear either gold or silver.

Do you have a photo of your bag?

yes, my first chanel was also a black caviar with silver hardware. i think it will be a good choice.

Thanks for giving me ideas and references. DH is wonderful for doing this for me. I hope the 2.55 reissues are still available. We live outside Seattle, but DH plans to call a few stores in Texas as lower taxes and the proliferation of millionaires in the state makes it an ideal place for plenty of choices in the Dallas and Houston areas. We have a new Neiman Marcus coming to the area, so perhaps that store will offer some of the Mademoiselles.

Steph

I am in Houston. I am planning on the classic flap in caviar with silver. I am buying mine in 12 days...I'm counting down the days!

I am 5'2" and I think it's a nice size for me.

I am in Houston. I am planning on the classic flap in caviar with silver. I am buying mine in 12 days...I'm counting down the days!

I am 5'2" and I think it's a nice size for me.

Congrats on your pending purchase! I look forward to November/December because that's when I can start planning to decide on my purse.

Are you going to the Chanel boutique in Houston, or will you get your Chanel at Neiman's, Saks, or Nordstrom?

Congrats!!

My first is a medium classic flap in black lambskin with silver h/w. I would go with caviar if you plan to carry the bag often and lambskin if you will only carry it for special occasions.