Recommendations for brands for leather bags that last?

I just bought one of the New style coach legacy leather duffles style num. 19889-$348.00! In my opinion, it is a great all leather bag that will last, I think it compares to coach's earlier legacy line, the leather is not as thick, but still as durable. :smile: Good luck on your quest. Keep in mind that you will have to spend a bit to get better quality
picture.php

Since you are on a budget, I would suggest that you take a trip to either Marshalls or TJ Maxx. They have a lot of bags to choose from and the prices aren't too bad either. You might just find what you are looking for. Go for a leather bag as they hold up for a long time provided that they are taken care of.

I agree with this. I've also seen similar bags to the ones you've shown in department stores like Macy's. They often have sales or coupons you can use for discounts ;)

I just bought one of the New style coach legacy leather duffles style num. 19889-$348.00! In my opinion, it is a great all leather bag that will last, I think it compares to coach's earlier legacy line, the leather is not as thick, but still as durable. :smile: Good luck on your quest. Keep in mind that you will have to spend a bit to get better quality
picture.php
That's a really nice bag!! I've got my eye on the camel one.

Ladies! Thank you for the lovely responses - it was such an unexpected surprise to login and see all these suggestions. I'm checking them out one-by-one and have already found some nice bags.

My "tight" budget is between $50 - $80 (depending on how badly I end up wanting it heh) and thanks to your suggestions, I now have some real possibilities! :biggrin:

Quick question though - Tignanello.. would you recommend it in general, or only the pebbled leather version (nobody seems to have mentioned their glove leather bags)?

I've seen some cute B Makowsky bags but there were negative reviews on the quality of his lining & hardware so I think I should steer clear of them.

kristyc said:
Ladies! Thank you for the lovely responses - it was such an unexpected surprise to login and see all these suggestions. I'm checking them out one-by-one and have already found some nice bags.

My "tight" budget is between $50 - $80 (depending on how badly I end up wanting it heh) and thanks to your suggestions, I now have some real possibilities! :biggrin:

Quick question though - Tignanello.. would you recommend it in general, or only the pebbled leather version (nobody seems to have mentioned their glove leather bags)?

I've seen some cute B Makowsky bags but there were negative reviews on the quality of his lining & hardware so I think I should steer clear of them.

If you want full leather and don't mind non fanciful bags and if u don't mind paying a little more. You can try leather satchel co. I just received my customized satchel from them, it's lovely and sturdy n they comes with 5yr warranty. I haven't used it yet as I just received it over the weekend but the 5yr warranty will be an assurance of their quality I suppose.

But I do know not everyone is into satchel. so check it out. :smile:

From my experience, the Nine West won't last, if it's a bag you're going to use everyday.

I think Kooba is very underrated. I have the Zooey and with wear, it keeps looking better and better. You can get a lot of deals on Kooba. Their Half-Yearly Sale is going on now and, if you sign up for emails, you get 15% off (I think it'll work on the sale). MyHabit has some on sale too.

Also, Liebeskind has some great bags that seem to hold up well. The leather is super soft. Very nice.

In that price range I would think pre-loved would get you a better bag and I second the recs for vintage Coach & Dooney. You can grab a nice Coach New York or USA / Dooney All Weather Leather off fleabay for that and have a much better quality bag that has already stood the test of time.

Thank you for all the help! I'm happy to say that I managed to find a pebbled leather bag by "Roberta Gandolfi" - a brand that has got good reviews on TPF. Aside from the pebbled leather, I like the fact that its looking really good even though its been used - and it has sufficient compartments. By the grace of God, I've also got it for $50 with S&H included :smile:

My next mission is to surprise my mom with a leather bag - and so the search continues... and thanks for the tips on the sales & fleabay, I'm definitely checking them out as well!

roberta-gandolfi-1.jpg

roberta-gandolfi-6.jpg

Thank you for all the help! I'm happy to say that I managed to find a pebbled leather bag by "Roberta Gandolfi" - a brand that has got good reviews on TPF. Aside from the pebbled leather, I like the fact that its looking really good even though its been used - and it has sufficient compartments. By the grace of God, I've also got it for $50 with S&H included :smile:

My next mission is to surprise my mom with a leather bag - and so the search continues... and thanks for the tips on the sales & fleabay, I'm definitely checking them out as well!

Nice bag! I love red! :love: