Home & Garden Recommendations for Bed Sheets

Sassys

Please get some Common Sense
O.G.
May 14, 2006
I am redoing my linen closet and want to know what is your favorite brand of sheets.

I use to always buy Charter Club from Macy's, but for some reason, the pillow cases always rip after I wash them.

I love Brooklinen sheets, except for the pillowcases. They stopped making the open-ended cases, and now have the envelope style, that I don't care for. So, now I buy Boll and Branch. They both are great to sleep in, crisp but soft. I've had 1'set from each for over 2 years, and they're still in great shape. I've also given the Boll and Branch sheets as gifts, and the giftees loved them. They come packed in a really nice box, suitable for gifting, makes them look more expensive than they are.

I love Brooklinen sheets, except for the pillowcases. They stopped making the open-ended cases, and now have the envelope style, that I don't care for. So, now I buy Boll and Branch. They both are great to sleep in, crisp but soft. I've had 1'set from each for over 2 years, and they're still in great shape. I've also given the Boll and Branch sheets as gifts, and the giftees loved them. They come packed in a really nice box, suitable for gifting, makes them look more expensive than they are.

I just ordered a sheet set from Boll and Branch yesterday without doing much research. Then I started panicking and wondering if I would like them or not, so I came to my trusty tPF to see if anyone here had reviewed them. I am really picky about sheets, so I'm crossing my fingers. So glad to see you have been pleased with yours!

Reactions: kkfiregirl
I am redoing my linen closet and want to know what is your favorite brand of sheets.

I use to always buy Charter Club from Macy's, but for some reason, the pillow cases always rip after I wash them.

What did you end up buying? I would love to see a picture of your linen closet, is it very organised?

the last couple pair of sheets we got were sateen from Costco. The other day they had two different sateen sheets sets. Charisma - 400 thread count I think; and Kirkland 550 thread count pima cotton. the kirkland was higher priced but on sale making it the same price as the charisma.

I bought the higher thread pima cotton sheets and they feel scratchy, more like percale. I washed them once in cold water. will try washing again in hot water. DH and I both like the feel of silky sheets. since percale is supposedly lighter and better for summer, I'd be willing to live with the non-silky feel but these are sateen.

I don't want to spend the cost of linen. any advice?

I've been a long time fan of t-shirt material sheets. They don't look very "crisp" on a made bed, but, oh so comfortable :cool:

I purchased my first Frette sheets/duvet for our new bed a few months ago. Completely worth it. Just as soft and comfortable as the most lived in t-shirt sheets I've ever owned, plus, they look gorgeous.