Recommendations for a possible convert!

shadowyi

A little classic..:]
O.G.
Jul 17, 2008
Hello all!

I'm in a fit of annoyance right now thanks to severe quality issues with my favorite brand (aka the most number of bags I own) over the last couple of months. For the price point I pay at, I simply should not have straps breaking, stitches coming loose, and embellishments falling out all over the place! I've long since admired Mulberry as a brand with durable bags, and so I'd like to ask your opinions on what you can recommend for me!

I love Chanel's classic flap (I own so darn many lol!), so I'm really looking for something that's VERY easy to get in and out of (that turnlock is amazing), has very clean and elegant lines (so no studs and tassles all over the place please!), and very importantly, is a classic shape! Any recommendations?

Ah! I forgot to mention that I do love the Alexa shape very much, but said no to it because I thought the straps were too fiddly to use on the run. :sad:

Last edited:
I would agree and say either a Bayswater or an East West Bayswater. I have an East West and they are so easy to get in and out of on the go.

Let us know what you get or what takes your fancy!

xx

Hello all!

I'm in a fit of annoyance right now thanks to severe quality issues with my favorite brand (aka the most number of bags I own) over the last couple of months. For the price point I pay at, I simply should not have straps breaking, stitches coming loose, and embellishments falling out all over the place! I've long since admired Mulberry as a brand with durable bags, and so I'd like to ask your opinions on what you can recommend for me!

I love Chanel's classic flap (I own so darn many lol!), so I'm really looking for something that's VERY easy to get in and out of (that turnlock is amazing), has very clean and elegant lines (so no studs and tassles all over the place please!), and very importantly, is a classic shape! Any recommendations?

Ah! I forgot to mention that I do love the Alexa shape very much, but said no to it because I thought the straps were too fiddly to use on the run. :sad:

Yes, I understand your frustration. I have purged my former collection due to poor treatment at LV and other such places. I now only own two everyday bags. One is a LV and my newest is the black mulberry bayswater...it feel so sturdy, well made and just plain worth it for the $ for once!

You might try a bayswater...I'm in love with mine now and forsee at least another someday...

Haha thank you everyone! I thought the east west bays might suit my style the best from Mulberry, but wanted to see if there were any other possibilities floating out there that I hadn't considered before. Decisions decisions! I'll look around online to see what's out there.

I'd recommend a choc. bays, it doesn't mark or water stain. It fits snuggly on the arm, is easily carried and is easy to open. It's very strudy, even smells beautiful and is bomb proof. It will stand the test of time. You see 18 year olds and 80 year olds using bays, they are timeless and will last for years. If you want something smaller an EW bays is ideal. Then you will be hooked and want everything!

I'm not into bling, so the Mulberry brand fits well with me and I use the bags everyday, they are both casual and smart & they age with character, so even battered Mulberries look good. :biggrin:

East/West Bays sounds ideal for you, or the Bayswater if you need to be able to carry more! Have fun choosing your perfect first Mulberry! Let us know how you get on with your decision and make sure you post photos! :yahoo: