Recommendations for a new Vacuum please!

1. Our Hoover died. A friend of ours has a Dyson and loves it so Ive been looking into those. Any suggestions, loves or hates?? We have a very small non-shedding dog if that matters.
    Thanks!!

2. I don't recommend mine (dirtdevil)..LOL...it works good but changing the filter & bag all the time is a pain..it seems like everytime I vaccuum I have to change the filter b/c it gets clogged w/ dirt. Not that my house is filty it just has it's occasional dirt marks from dogs & kids. But, anyways I've heard the dyson is pricey but so worth the money.

3. I need a new one, too. I'll check back for suggestions.

4. I like Hoover!

5. Dyson. I'm a clean freak. I've tried so many different vacuum cleaners. By far, my favorite is a Dyson. The only problem is because it's so bulky, I can't really use it to vacuum stairs :sad:

6. Dyson all the way....this is the only vacuum I will ever use. If it works for me (and I have two large dogs that dont seem to stop shedding) then it will work for everyone!

7. Oh thank you gals! Any particular model or does it not really matter?

I really appreciate it. For that amount of money (on a stinkin vacuum no less!) I'd like to know it's a wise decision.

8. I have a Dyson- the "Animal" and I like it the best of all that I have had. My only complaint is that it has a ratcheting sound that it makes when the beater bar hits an obstruction and unfortunately I have one roomsize braided rug that the vacuum sees as an obstruction and I have to turn the brush off leaving just plain suction to vacuum with. It also does the same thing if I go over a wrinkle in my area rugs- the noise sends me through the ceiling. I don't know if all models and years of the Dyson have the same thing- I know I read several on-line reviews about the same complaint before I bought mine but I went ahead thinking that it was some glitch that would have been worked out by now.
    But I really like how much pet hair and dust it picks up- worth the glitch.

9. I have a Dyson and love it. It's the first vacuum I've ever had that *really* picks up well. If you get one, you'll be amazed at what it picks up every single time.

10. I love my Kenmore cannister vac -- we have 3 different sets of stairs and four "non-shedding" dogs so something that can get dog hair off the stairs is a big help.

I HATE my Rainbow, yes it does do a great job cleaning, but it is a HUGE pain to set up and put away.

Robyn

11. i have a rainbow too, i LOVE it!!! yeah it is a pain in the ass to "maintain" but it's worth it, since the vacuum is so GREAT!!!

12. I have an Oreck and I love it. It has a great maintenance plan.

13. I just bought a Dyson DC-15 with the ball from Bed Bath and Beyond. I love it! My carpet has never looked so clean! PHH was so excited to get a new "toy" he has volunteered to vacuum almost every day! :yahoo:

14. The Dyson works wonderfully. Everyone I know swears by Miele but I'm not impressed with them, especially for the $.

15. Dyson, Dyson, Dyson. I have bought all the others and they never worked right for me. I have 2 kids of my own, take care of children during the day, have a dog and a cat and the Dyson is amazing! it gets stuff out of the rug that you never knew was there. I have had mine for a year and a half and use it every single day and have never had an ounce of trouble with it-so worth the money!

Go, buy one NOW!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice