Recommendations for a low-mid-end purse?

hiiiiiii

Feb 20, 2006
Hey, y'all!

This is my first post in this forum :smile:

I've been lemming to get a new purse lately, and I thought you guys might be able to help! I'm 17 years old, so I'd like something casual enough for a high-schooler but can also transition into my 20's. I have around $300 to spend, but I'd prefer to stick around the $100-200 range. I like things that are pretty, not too embellished, casual for everyday use, small to medium sized (I'm super short--around 5'), and something neutral enough that I can wear all year round.

I've been looking at Coach, and I've grown partial to this tote: http://www.coach.com/aspx/content/product.aspx?product_no=8111&category_id=68
in brass/khaki and http://www.coach.com/aspx/content/product.aspx?product_no=4073&category_id=47&easyask_id=
also in brass/khaki for a matching wallet. I was deciding between the multicolor and khaki, but then I thought I might get tired of multicolor later or it'd look too juvenile. What do you think?

Thanks for any of your help!

Hi and wElCoMe :biggrin:
i am into coach these days.. and i saw ur post..:amuse:
here is my recommendation..:nuts:

i'd prefer the plain version of the tote.. and my choice would be brass/khaki for an all year.. or maybe black.. but i'd prefer white all in all! <<but its hard to take care of i guess! :sad:
by the way.. there is large and medium from the plain one! and ofcourse there is small.

the last one i posted is a bit higher than your budget.. 358$ but i think its s:huh::huh::huh: cute and worth it!:love:

and i am not a fan of the multicolor thing! its just too busy for me and way too HAPPY i guess LOloLolOL

click on images to enlarge :amuse:

Attachments

• 131_B4KH_d2.jpg
    131_B4KH_d2.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 42
  • 131_B4BK_d2.jpg
    131_B4BK_d2.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 34
  • 131_B4WT_d2.jpg
    131_B4WT_d2.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 39
  • 8K52_SKHSV_d2.jpg
    8K52_SKHSV_d2.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 38
Also check out Cole Haan bags. Their quality is quite good, and they have some nice bags for less than $300 (esp. on sale). Cole Haan also has outlets.

Yes. I vote for Cole Haan. There are so many different styles, and the bags are really well made. It's possible to get a Cole Haan bag on sale for a few hundred dollars, too. Check out the sales at department stores, and I think you can find the location of Cole Haan outlets (and get an idea of the current collections) by going to their website.

I second the recommendation for Kenneth Cole as well. They have some really cute bags. You can often find their bags marked down on bluefly.com and zappos.com.

Everyone's made some great suggestions. If you can get to a Coach outlet, definitely look there first. Coach has great stuff in your price range. Can't go wrong with either Cole Hann or Kenneth Cole too.

And also -- browse the discount online sites (reputable ones are Bluefly and Styledrops, for example), in their 'sale' areas. Sometimes it's possible to get a really good deal on a normally out of your price range and high end designer bag.