Recommendations for a burr coffee grinder

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Fall Sale is now live! Save up to 40% on Nordy's best brands, including bags, shoes, clothes, home, and kids'. Click to shop.
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Oct 17, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2010
    Hi!
    We received the Breville BCG450XL as a wedding present

LOVED it, but the thing broke after 3 months. It gets great reviews so maybe we just had a dud.. we did clean and follow all guidelines for use.

I'm thinking of getting the kitchen aid pro line coffee mill but it's double the price of the Breville.

I also have seen good reviews for the Capresso 560 so that's an option as well.

So , I'm wondering what coffee grinders you all have and what you recommend?

2. we have a cheapie blade one from Target but I've been wanting a burr grinder myself for years but they are SO expensive...I've heard good things about the Capresso and the Bodum and these are much cheaper (less than 100) than some of the others which can run upwards of $600...

3. I have my own coffee maker.. cool beans

4. Thanks .. definitely leaning towards the kitchen aid pro line coffee mill -- any reviews??

5. We have the Capresso and are very pleased with it.

6. I have the manual hand-powered brass turkish coffee grinder :smile:

burned coffee bean smell is fantastic while grinding. Enjoying coffee from the very beginning.