Books & Music Recommendations:Emotional Alphas: Romance Heroes like Kellan Kyle and Christian Grey?

I've finished Avoiding Commitment and about halfway through Avoiding Responsibility....and my goodness...its indeed a rollercoaster!!! There are times I've had to put it down because I just needed a break...couldnt deal with all the emotions. I dont think I've ever been so stressed out by a book. :lol::lol:

If you want a good book with an strong Alpha male, Outlander is a good one. The character, Jamie Fraser, is one of the best male characters I've read about in a long time. There are a lot of sex scenes in it, but they don't go into as much explicit detail as I've heard the "50 Shades" books do. I've never read "50 shades" so I don't know if it's something up your alley. It's worth a try, though, and it's the first book in a series.

If you want a good book with an strong Alpha male, Outlander is a good one. The character, Jamie Fraser, is one of the best male characters I've read about in a long time. There are a lot of sex scenes in it, but they don't go into as much explicit detail as I've heard the "50 Shades" books do. I've never read "50 shades" so I don't know if it's something up your alley. It's worth a try, though, and it's the first book in a series.

Oh I'm so with you! Love Jamie so much and also love Christian from Fifty Shades so I don't think your so far off. :smile:

No the sex isn't at the forefront of the story in Outlander as it is in Fifty Shades but Jamie and Claire's scenes are pretty hot - raw and sometimes a bit rough. Jamie is a true alpha in that he's a man of his time (1700's) and if he expects to be obeyed it's not a game they play on weekends, he is also a born leader and you don't want to meet up with him in a fight. However Claire being a woman of her time (1940's she travels back in time) is not used to being told what to do and what not to do so the sparks that fly are quite enjoyable! She's outspoken and intelligent and will stand up for herself. Jamie is definitely an emotional alpha that wears his heart on his sleeve and loves Claire beyond anything I've read before.

Last edited:
Oh I'm so with you! Love Jamie so much and also love Christian from Fifty Shades so I don't think your so far off. :smile:

No the sex isn't at the forefront of the story in Outlander as it is in Fifty Shades but Jamie and Claire's scenes are pretty hot - raw and sometimes a bit rough. Jamie is a true alpha in that he's a man of his time (1700's) and if he expects to be obeyed it's not a game they play on weekends, he is also a born leader and you don't want to meet up with him in a fight. However Claire being a woman of her time (1940's she travels back in time) is not used to being told what to do and what not to do so the sparks that fly are quite enjoyable! She's outspoken and intelligent and will stand up for herself. Jamie is definitely an emotional alpha that wears his heart on his sleeve and loves Claire beyond anything I've read before.

That's a great description of the book. I love the time travel element of the book but mostly I love Jamie and Claire's relationship.

I've finished Avoiding Commitment and about halfway through Avoiding Responsibility....and my goodness...its indeed a rollercoaster!!! There are times I've had to put it down because I just needed a break...couldnt deal with all the emotions. I dont think I've ever been so stressed out by a book. :lol::lol:

Oh yea drama drama drama! I really want a different Jack outcome, and I'm hoping her 3rd book (told she is writing another one) will tie up some loose ends for me