Recommendation for an LV newbie...

I always tell newbies to go to the Boutique to play with the bags & to pay attention to the Vernis line if they like patent (my favorite). I don't automatically recommend the Speedy or NF since they may not be for everyone.

I wear a lot of neutrals, mostly black, gray and white... so I've been considering the Damier Azur because it might go with more...

Can you get away with the monogram or ebene if you don't wear brown?

I wear a lot of neutrals, mostly black, gray and white... so I've been considering the Damier Azur because it might go with more...

Can you get away with the monogram or ebene if you don't wear brown?

Definately! Mono and Ebene pretty much goes with anything (at least I think so)!

I think a Speedy is also a great choice for your first LV bag but it also depends on what suits you as well...best to go to the boutique and try on different bags and see what you like best!

It would depend on their budget and their bag preference small, medium, large, hand held/shoulder/cross-body, leather vs canvas...etc... Hence visit a boutique and see what suits you best :biggrin:

This is what I'm leaning towards (though I think I'd go to a 35)...

Here's a picture of me with my Azur Speedy 30. I'm 5'8" for reference.

0793195c-1.jpg

I always tell newbies to go to the Boutique to play with the bags & to pay attention to the Vernis line if they like patent (my favorite). I don't automatically recommend the Speedy or NF since they may not be for everyone.

I have a Speedy and Neverfull on my wishlist, but I totally agree with you gre8dane! Don't automatically recommend them just because it is a first bag. Have fun in the boutique and get your favorite bag that suits your body type, in your price range. Have fun!

I would suggest the current limited edition Monogram Rayures, a Neverfull in whichever size suits you. Great with a neutral wardrobe and/or a warm climate. I suggest this because they will be gone soon. You can get a Speedy anytime.

Attachments

• cruise20102011.jpg
    cruise20102011.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 687