Recommendation for an LV newbie...

erinleigh

Oct 7, 2011
Ontario
If you were to recommend a LV bag to someone looking to purchase their first one, which line and style would you choose?

gre8dane

So Proud!!
O.G.
Mar 30, 2008
I always tell newbies to go to the Boutique to play with the bags & to pay attention to the Vernis line if they like patent (my favorite). I don't automatically recommend the Speedy or NF since they may not be for everyone.

erinleigh

Oct 7, 2011
Ontario
I wear a lot of neutrals, mostly black, gray and white... so I've been considering the Damier Azur because it might go with more...

Can you get away with the monogram or ebene if you don't wear brown?

MarinaStarr

Dec 28, 2011
Monogram or ebne work great with black/brown tones!

I wear a lot of neutrals, mostly black, gray and white... so I've been considering the Damier Azur because it might go with more...

Lushie

Sep 16, 2011
Toronto, Canada

Definately! Mono and Ebene pretty much goes with anything (at least I think so)!

I think a Speedy is also a great choice for your first LV bag but it also depends on what suits you as well...best to go to the boutique and try on different bags and see what you like best!

Christofle

O.G.
Apr 21, 2011
Montreal
It would depend on their budget and their bag preference small, medium, large, hand held/shoulder/cross-body, leather vs canvas...etc... Hence visit a boutique and see what suits you best :biggrin:

peachylv

Apr 15, 2011
The peak of good living
I always tell newbies to go to the Boutique to play with the bags & to pay attention to the Vernis line if they like patent (my favorite). I don't automatically recommend the Speedy or NF since they may not be for everyone.
I have a Speedy and Neverfull on my wishlist, but I totally agree with you gre8dane! Don't automatically recommend them just because it is a first bag. Have fun in the boutique and get your favorite bag that suits your body type, in your price range. Have fun!

lorrmich

O.G.
Apr 24, 2007
I know I will probably cause a riot here but I don't like the speedy!!! But i do love the artsy. I would say mono artsy gets my vote.

Been 2 Asnieres

Seriously Hardsided
Nov 24, 2011
I would suggest the current limited edition Monogram Rayures, a Neverfull in whichever size suits you. Great with a neutral wardrobe and/or a warm climate. I suggest this because they will be gone soon. You can get a Speedy anytime.

Attachments