Recommend the box bag?

BagLover2334

Mar 17, 2019
Hi guys!

I'm thinking of adding another celine into my small collection(only have luzury bag atm and it's the nano belt). Since I'm not really gonna buy too many bags in the near future (I only desire two bags at this point), should I invest in the box? I heard that although it's pretty, there's a lot of cons to that bag (warped sides, strap problems and not easy to use). So should I still get one?

The straps on mine have caused some wear marks, but they aren't noticeable since they're on the underside. Another thing I would consider is that the corners on the metal clips on the strap are really sharp. They can really dig into your skin and they can damage your bag or delicate clothing if you aren't careful. Once I sat my bag down and one of those clips rubbed against the front flap and left a mark on the leather.

I've had my Celine Box for a little over a year and I have not experienced any of the problems mentioned. The strap does "slip" a bit as it's not secured by anything but mine still looks great. The only caveat I have with this bag is that it doesn't hold as much as I am used to. It's rather structured and there isn't much give in the leather. The inside has two compartments separated by a divider, so I usually have to slim down what I normally carry.

I've had my Celine Box for a little over a year and I have not experienced any of the problems mentioned. The strap does "slip" a bit as it's not secured by anything but mine still looks great. The only caveat I have with this bag is that it doesn't hold as much as I am used to. It's rather structured and there isn't much give in the leather. The inside has two compartments separated by a divider, so I usually have to slim down what I normally carry.
Do you use it often?

I’ve had my box bag for a few years now and I love it! I have found it to be one of the easiest bags to use. There is now some wear from the straps underneath the flap though but I’m okay with that, I love it so much and it’s been worn so much!

I do not own the classic box bag but have seriously considered this bag in the medium size. I have a collection of luxury bags and gravitate more towards understated, classic handbags. I have not taken the plunge for the following reasons: 1) the weight is substantial, 2) the box leather is delicate, 3) the strap is fussy and the metal clips seem as if they’ll dig into the shoulder.

The #1 drawback is the weight. Sure it is a beautifully made all leather bag, but my bags that get the most wear are lighter in weight and have more durable leather. Maybe if I came across the teen size in the right leather and color combo, I would take the plunge. For now I’m content with my only Celine crossbody— the nano belt. Love this bag!

I have the classic (not in box but in natural leather) and I absolutely love it. It is one of my favorite bags.
As you point out, it is not however a perfect bag. You have to be in love with its unsurpassing beauty in order to forgive it some downsides, the main being that the strap is a really bad design.
Personally I love how both box and natureal leather age. Again, you have to like that yourself, the bag won‘t stay as new, it evolves and gets patina.
In terms of trends I think it is a solid investment that will look beautiful and classic for years to come.

No I didn’t find it to wear easily! Mine is a few years old now and I definitely do not baby my bags!
Do you have the box leather? I've been wanting this bag for a few years now and want the box leather but so scared of the scratches. That said, the Liege is also beautiful but the colours they release in the liege is rarely a classic colour :sad:

I do not own the classic box bag but have seriously considered this bag in the medium size. I have a collection of luxury bags and gravitate more towards understated, classic handbags. I have not taken the plunge for the following reasons: 1) the weight is substantial, 2) the box leather is delicate, 3) the strap is fussy and the metal clips seem as if they’ll dig into the shoulder.

The #1 drawback is the weight. Sure it is a beautifully made all leather bag, but my bags that get the most wear are lighter in weight and have more durable leather. Maybe if I came across the teen size in the right leather and color combo, I would take the plunge. For now I’m content with my only Celine crossbody— the nano belt. Love this bag!

100% agree. I lusted after this bag in natural calf in tan for years and finally bit the bullet and bought it last year. While I love having it in my collection, I use it much less than expected - most likely bc of the weight and while beautiful it really isn’t that comfortable to carry.

Reactions: More bags and doni