Recommend Skinny Jeans?

Kleio

Mar 30, 2011
Hello there, lovely TPF-ers! I was wondering if, what with the plethora of knowledge abundant on this board, you could recommend one, or a few, jeans brands for my particular body type?

Up til now, I've basically worn Abercrombie & Fitch skinny jeans exclusively.
- What I like about them: Their denim is soft and stretchy, and their skinny jeans very skinny (i.e. form-fitting).
- What I don't like about them: I have rather skinny thighs but a relatively big butt (to my great annoyance). A&F jeans, on the other hand, seem to have been designed for people with no butts whatsoever, or at least that's the case with their size 0s. I've also had a problem with dye transfer, but alas, I don't think this is exclusive to just A&F jeans, and I only wear dark denim anyway.

A bit more information about me: I'm short - 5' 3". I used to like ultra-low rises, but no longer being in my teens, plus I want my tush well-covered up (would like to be able to - finally! - bend over/sit down without exposing my entire derriere), I'm now looking for a bit more coverage than that - not waist-height, but somewhere in between?

About "jeggings": I'm a bit wary about them, although I acknowledge I haven't tried a pair yet. It's just that I've never been able to wear leggings as pants, unless I was wearing a very long top or a dress or skirt on top, and jeggings might make me feel a bit exposed or underdressed.

Thanks in advance, lovely TPF-ers!

Im in a similar boat, 5 feet and a fanny. I like A&F too but one of my gf let me borrow her j brand skinnies they are ankle cut so for a shorter person they hit a little lower on the foot and look ahmazing!

JBrand
JBrand
JBrand :biggrin:

They are not too long, in fact, I can't believe they fit anyone over 5'5". My favorite ones are like a mid-rise height I think. Super soft, don't sag - VERY important - hold their shape/size, etc. . .

JBrand
JBrand

They are not too long, in fact, I can't believe they fit anyone over 5'5". My favorite ones are like a mid-rise height I think. Super soft, don't sag - VERY important - hold their shape/size, etc. . .

I AGREE!! My absolute favourite. Here in Europe they're quite pricey, but sooo worth it; I don't want to buy another brand ever.

maybe that's the brand I need to try-I tried A& F jeans and no sale-as OP said they are not designed with any curves in mind and seem to be for 14y teens only. I wear a size 2 but had trouble with those. Thanks for suggestion, Swanky Moma of Three:smile:

You are curvy? JBrand may not be for you. I'm more straight on bottom, not a lot of definition between waist/hips, this is why I love JBrand.

If your thigh/butt are your bigger areas, I would recommend Citizens of Humanity Avedon or 7 For All Mankind Roxanne. I am small but those areas seem bigger than the rest of me by a tiny bit and those two jeans fit me really well.

JBrand
JBrand

As soon as I read "Abercrombie" with higher rise and more room, I thought of J brand!

So yeah, try on a pair at your local nordstroms. They are wonderful.

If you have any sort of booty/hips I would recommend against j brand! They are better for straighter girls I think. If you've got some booty Hudsons are great, as are joes jeans, and citizens of humanity.