Recommend one...GST vs COTTON CLUB vs MEDALLION???

I have all 3 and they each have their own personality.

1) GST: a bit dressier than the cotton club, durable due to the caviar, holds a lot, very classic and great looking

2)Medallion: Does not hold as much as the other two, stiffer- more of a structured bag and looks a bit more "business-like" as it does not have much hardware on in your face logo. I use this w/suits or when meeting w/clients and don't want to scream "CHANEL PURSE".

3) Cotton Club: the more casual of the 3. Holds quite a bit, (it is a bit larger than the GST), holds files, a good workhorse, but though I have it in black, I still think it as a casual bag.

I know many where the above w/jeans/casual clothes. It really is all about YOUR look and YOUR needs. HTH.

In order of preference:
1. GST
2. Cotton Club (the ones I have seen, the leather near the front bottom has already started to wrinkle, brand new. Most people are not bothered by this, as the leather is distressed, but it bothered me.)
3. Medallion

I just bought the gst as first chanel, but spent a lot of time deciding between the 3 myself- I found the CC too squishy and casual looking to me, it looks like a tote. The medallion is cute, but was a little small inside. Plus-I have really skinny arms and it was a tight fit on my shoulder. The Gst looks great w/ suits, dresses, or jeans. It is big and I don't think it is heavy.

Everyone seems to hate the medallion purse but that's actually the most common one I see. I would say go to the store and try on all three and then decide because bags look and feel differently on everyone. Goodluck.

GST if you're going with black. The cotton club is so-so in the black color but absolutely gorgeous in the Bronze! The medallion tote is so hard to get in and out of since it's tapered at the top.

I have the medallion tote in black and white and the cotton club tote in bronze and silver. The medallion totes are indestructible. Mine have been through the ringer, and even the white tote still looks brand new. Caviar leather basically takes care of itself. I have 5 caviar bags, 3 of them are white, and I've never had a problem w/them. The cotton club tote is TDF as well, but the medallion is more durable and I think it would hold it shape better than the tote over the long run. If you're looking for a worry free bag, I'd go w/the medallion tote.

i just re-read your post and you are also open to suggestions...so here is another one in addition to my suggestion about the vinyl cabas..i have a great cloth backpack that I love! i am acutally carrying it today...i'll post a pic..i also have the matching wrap to it. i use this when i go rollarblading or running errands. i like to throw both straps over one shoulder and go!

also, if it gets dirty i can just take it to the dry cleaner!

i love that!

attachment.php

attachment.php

That is super cute!

Thanks all for your suggestions! Dbt...that backpack is awesome, thanks for posting.

I am looking to get a black bag and now I'm leaning toward the GST in silver hardware.

Now, was there an increase on it? Does anyone know the current retail? I'd appreciate it.