Recommend me metallic leather bag?

Aaorin

May 16, 2010
So I'm finally ready to add a leather bag to my arsenal - I want a metallic leather shoulder bag with Carly/Zoe feel - gold or silver. I'm generally not looking for a purse that will have to be babied, but I heard coach metallic leather can be very gentle... My own experience has been good so far, but I only have fabric bags with leather trim/handles.

I almost bought a Kristin gunmetal hippie, but she's too small. =(

I've been looking at this Brooke.

Does anyone here own it or something similar? How do these bags hold up? What styles should I check out? I don't care for how recent or new the style is, just that it's pretty and shiny! =)

Thank you for any input!

If you want a metallic leather shoulder bag with Carly/Zoe feel - gold or silver... then I agree that BROOKE is a great option.

Other suggestions:
Chelsea Katrina
Ashlyn
Sophia
Lindsey
Hailey

My metallic bags have held up great (do not carry on rainy days).

So I'm finally ready to add a leather bag to my arsenal - I want a metallic leather shoulder bag with Carly/Zoe feel - gold or silver. I'm generally not looking for a purse that will have to be babied, but I heard coach metallic leather can be very gentle... My own experience has been good so far, but I only have fabric bags with leather trim/handles.

Does anyone here own it or something similar? How do these bags hold up? What styles should I check out? I don't care for how recent or new the style is, just that it's pretty and shiny! =)

Thank you for any input!

There are a few Chelsea metallic leather bags on sale at Macy's. I also saw some Poppy metallic hippie on sale at Nordstrom two days ago. However, metallic leather on that Poppy Hippie was scratched already in one pile of other bags on sale. IMHO, I don't think metallic leather will hold up well.

Thank you for any input!

I actually own that exact bag (carried it today!), and I am absolutely in love with it. I think it would hold up really well - I plan to wear it throughout the winter to truly test it, but it's got a glossiness to it that I think will help keep the leather clean. It's a great size, really soft, mature yet fun - I say go for it! :smile: I can always take a modeling shot, if it would help, too - just let me know.

Ooooh the Copper Zoe is gorgy- great suggestion!
My metallic Emerson is very sturdy as far as Coach metallics go....and they're at the outlet. It has the short straps and longer crossbody. I normally just use it as a shoulder bag w/the short straps. It's a great bag for me and I use it a lot. Here she is w/my big star charm:
Emerson1.jpg

Have fun shopping- I love metallic bags!! :biggrin:

I love my Gunmetal Madison Shoulder Bag! I would definitely recommend it. It has a very nice slouch, like the Carly and Zoe. The color is a gorgeous mix of gold and silver and the leather is super soft and smooshy. It is wearing very well.....no problems to report.

Attachments

• GunmetalMSB.jpg
    GunmetalMSB.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 527
I have three metallic Coach bags and I haven't had any problems with them. To be honest, I do baby my bags, but I baby all of them not just my metallic ones.

I have a gunmetal Poppy Swing hobo.
ry%3D400

http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/reveal-sparkles-and-silver-and-patent-oh-my-655535.html

Stitched Logo anthracite Alexandra tote.
ry%3D480

http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/reveal-my-outlet-goodies-fp-bag-i-had-661364.html

Woven Marielle in pewter.
ry%3D480

http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/my-woven-sparkly-studded-r-e-v-e-715005.html

I included the links to my reveals in case you wanted to see more pics. HTH!

WOW, thank you all so much! I'll be hunting on ebay after Christmas and there're so many wonderful options!

unfurling, I would absolutely love a couple of mod pics! Brooke was the first one that caught my eye - one of my top choices.

MedtechCarol It's beautiful, but I think Emerson is too big for me. I don't carry a lot, and that bag looks like it needs to be filled. =)

4213jen That bad was actually my very first choice initially, it's perfect in every way - expect for the strap/handles drop. I'm not a fan of straps for larger bags, and the handles are too short to comfortably wear it on the shoulder. I agonized over it for a loooong time and decided to pass in the end.

ecj*waxy Aaaand Madison goes among my top choices. Love it!

Veronica_Sawyer That poppy is gorgeous! So many tempting bags!

Thank you all so much for the recs!

I've had the metalic Brooke in your photo for about 3 weeks now and absolutely love it. I haven't rotated bags since I got her. She's much prettier IRL and is super comfortable to wear. Good luck with your decision, granny

I also have that same Metallic Brooke that you posted and I LOVE it! I have used her almost non-stop since getting her a few weeks ago and NO problems :smile:!

I have 2 small metallic leather bags, crossbodies, purchased this spring and summer. They have taken a lot of wearing and look perfect even now. I think they were both Kristins. I am not kidding that I use my gunmetal one all of the time. The other color I think was called anthracite. I was really impressed. Good luck finding what works for you.